Form has arrived

• 1 month later...

Well, said I'd keep you updated, & its no surprise that I have been put onto the ESA & have been put on the work activity group think Gill knows about this plus I now think I know what WAG stands for. & I may also have to atend a health assessment.

Also says that I claimed invalidity benefit before 1995 & have received incapacity ever since Er! No I had the SAH Nov 1999 & I was working at the time earning a wage & paying tax.

so thats the story so far been looking on the welfarerights web page so will still keep you updated, but least now I know whats what so in a weird way bit of relief tho dont know how long for....

Also says that I claimed invalidity benefit before 1995 & have received incapacity ever since Er! No I had the SAH Nov 1999 & I was working at the time earning a wage & paying tax.

You need to contact DWP regarding that, it is not unknown for them to get folk mixed up and you need your record putting straight.

You will have to attend work focussed interviews at JC+ but you were lucky to get ESA at all without an appeal. So many people have their claim refused and have to go through the rigmarole of appealing. You could appeal the decision to try and get into the support group where you will get no hassle until the next time you get an ESA50 which could be much sooner than you think. Tough decisions.

Good news of sorts for you.

• 4 weeks later...

Just thought I'd give a wee update, they have stopped Ronnie's jobseekers money they put him on my claim & said I told them (didnt) & it seems that if Ronnie gets a job then the ESA will stop for me!

Also Im getting ESA money into my A/c BUT they have nothing on their system as far as their concerened I dont exsist..

Waited for a call back from them Tuesday didnt happen nor did it Wednesday, Thursday afternoon Ronnie phoned them they promised to call back within an hour it didnt happen, so Friday morning Ronnie phoned them again & again promised a call back we didnt hold our breath hour & half later Ronnie phoned the jobcentre & we got an appt to go see them still no further forward. & as it happens end of the day and there wasnt a call when we were out anyway no surprise there.

But one thing is clear this new system is rubbish, & if I didnt have Ronnie I just wouldnt know what to do....

• Like 1

I think that on one of the claims you will be better off. Whether it be ESA and possibly topped up with income support in your name or Ronnie's job seeker claim plus IS, I don't know.

I think you really need to see a Welfare Rights Adviser, either at CAB or your local council, who will be able to tell you which way to claim to maximise your income. Do not trust anything that JC+ and DWP tell you. The staff are as confused as the claiments.

Alternatively join this site and pose your questions http://www.behindthegray.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?8194-Youreable-Forum-An-online-community-of-and-for-disabled-people It is free and there are members with plenty of knowledge about the system plus 2 or 3 WROs who post on there.

Link has been approved earlier this year.

Penny, thank you for highlighting that link - I hadn't seen it before.

Louise I feel your frustration. It is a total nightmare with calls to the Benefits people :roll: I was one of the few lucky people who got ESA in the support group without an appeal - although I only got £10 a week for about a year. I get more now but about half the current rate as I receive Carers Allowance for looking after my son. It is an exhausting process to apply for these benefits but I agree with Pennys' advice about Welfare Rights input, they can pick up on things that to us have become 'the way it is' but to an experienced eye are a problem that limits your ability to be able to work. They are contactable through the local council in this part of Scotland (back of beyond :wink:) and possibly in your area too?

Just when you think you have it all sorted the new PIP will come into place, ignoring an indefinite award of benefits for a permanent injury or illness......so another battle may lie ahead for us all. I expect it will be even harder to be understood when that takes over :roll:

Keep smiling Louise!

Michelle xx

Hey Penny, we've been to CAB was there on Tuesday, your right we've had all different answers from everyone they dont seem to know either, only money coming in is the ESA & it aint much nightmare.

Thanks for your reply appreciate it hun...

Louise,

All this red tape we do not need, keep calm and deep breathing.

There should be a person who comes and fills in our forms for us, even my hubby had help as I was not with it.

They gave my hubby help to fill out forms so I hope you get help also xx

Love

Win xx xx

Thanks for the reply Penny, its turned out a nightmare this I knew it was going to be rough but OMG!! & the fact that they're all giving different advice but the one thing is the same I cant get income support but CAB is looking into that one, they cancelled Ronnie's jobseekers claim. Your right they are so confused they dont know what their saying he!he! kind of like me.

We went to see a CAB advisor on Tuesday 7th he's only there one day a week so back on Tues

I have a thing on my FB with Ian Duncan Smith MP saying about living on £53 a week Well it aint possible.

Again thanks for the information....

• 4 months later...

Well got a call Tuesday (1year 1week & one day after I got the letter) anyway after confirming who I was with her she then spoke to Ronnie (I have to laugh is it ok I speak to your husband about you) anyway they talked and long & short is they are putting me down as unfit for work although I do still have to attend the jobcentre every 5mths, result but said to Ron until its in writing I wont jump for joy.

Today letter arrived saying: We have looked again at the facts & evidence used to make our decision & looked at the points you have raised. However, we have not changed our original decision. :yikes: luckily I'm used to these knocks with them now shouldn't be but am.

• 1 month later...

Well, update on Tuesday 28th Oct got a letter & pick-me-up-off-the-floor I got awarded DLA back dated to May.

So never give up keep at it, when they deny you as they did me, keep at it.

I'm actually still in shock, I know its daft but I am.

• 7 months later...

Well, there is always a downside to most things, today its official my ESA has stopped :nonod:

the appeal I haven't heard about yet, nor have I had news that will they/wont they/ move the group I'm in is still ongoing these wheels grind very slowly, they grind me into gloom.

But trying not to let it get to me you have to be up beat for your sanity...