Strong feelings of de ja vu

Hi guys

I hope your all well - as well as u can be-not been on in a while- just wondered if any of u suffer from intense feelings of de ja vu- it's not nice, comes on really strong, its the same thought every time it lasts about a minute, and I get quite panicky and dream like. I have been told that its a form of temporal lobe seizure- I just wondered if its something n e one else got after their bleed? Other than this I am still getting dream like sensations and just odd feelings- I am going in for my 3rd angiogram next week and then gamour knife surgery!

Has got a little bit better but I still panic at every little thing!!

Bev

Xx

Bev,

You are naturally scared, but think of afterwards wolf whistles and not just de ja vu.

All will be well and you wouldn't be normal if fear never crept in.

So Normal Bev be Well xx All will be well xx

Love

WinB143 xx xx

Hi Bev,

That would be me.

you're definitely not alone, I get deja vu feelings every day. I have had this for quite some time now, but only mentioned it to my doctor a few months ago after one such episode lasted longer and resulted in me finding myself flat on my hallway floor. I do believe you posted that week saying you had a seizure on the very same day!

As soon as I mentioned it to the doc he arranged for me to visit the hospital where he said I would have an EEG. When the appointmenet came round I wasn't given one but they said it's almost certainly Epilepsy. I am now on 75mg of Lamotrigine daily and due to see them again in May. I do still have the deja vu regularly but they are definitely shorter. ( a split second only now)

I hope you get this sorted out soon. Do tell the doctor.

Good luck with thew Angio and surgery. Keep us updated with your progress.

Sally xxx

Hi Bev,

That would be me.

you're definitely not alone, I get deja vu feelings every day. I have had this for quite some time now, but only mentioned it to my doctor a few months ago after one such episode lasted longer and resulted in me finding myself flat on my hallway floor. I do believe you posted that week saying you had a seizure on the very same day!

As soon as I mentioned it to the doc he arranged for me to visit the hospital where he said I would have an EEG. When the appointmenet came round I wasn't given one but they said it's almost certainly Epilepsy. I am now on 75mg of Lamotrigine daily and due to see them again in May. I do still have the deja vu regularly but they are definitely shorter. ( a split second only now)

I hope you get this sorted out soon. Do tell the doctor.

Good luck with thew Angio and surgery. Keep us updated with your progress.

Sally xxx

Hi Sally

Thanks for your reply! After my full on sceizure ( bk in sept) where I awoke to paramedics in my bedroom at 1am to my partner telling me I have had a fit....the neuro tried me on kepra and Lamotrigine but both of them made me feel like a full on zombie. I do continue to have these scary de ja vu things- it's the same face I see every time and a awful home sickness feeling- only way I can describe it then everything around me goes all dream like. I have read and been told that its a sceizure that could result in a grand mal. I am not on any medication at the mo maybe I should be but I am trying to work 4 days a week and care for my 3 year old so can't be like a zombie. I am scared everyday of having a grand mal....the de ja vu things just come out of nowhere and last about a min and leave me feeling really scared. Am just fed up with it all. Maybe I need to go bk n discuss medication again :(

I just want this damn avm gone but I suppose it all takes time xxx

Hi guys

I hope your all well - as well as u can be-not been on in a while- just wondered if any of u suffer from intense feelings of de ja vu- it's not nice, comes on really strong, its the same thought every time it lasts about a minute, and I get quite panicky and dream like. I have been told that its a form of temporal lobe seizure- I just wondered if its something n e one else got after their bleed? Other than this I am still getting dream like sensations and just odd feelings- I am going in for my 3rd angiogram next week and then gamour knife surgery!

Has got a little bit better but I still panic at every little thing!!

Bev

Xx

Hi Bev, I had been suffering with this for about 6 years, various doctors suggested that I was imagining it, one even cautioned me about getting labelled with mental health issues. Late last year I had two full blown seizures and was hospitalised on both occasions. I have since talked to the neurologist, having been diagnosed as having epilepsy. He confirmed that the strange episodes I had been experiencing for several years, were actually partial seizures.

Good luck

Dave

Hi Dave, yeah have a feeling it was that well in fact neuro surgeon told me it probs is and that's why they prescribed me meds. I since told him that I wasn't taking either keppra or the other drugs they tried me on because they made me feel like a zombie. He said he feels its reasonable if I only had one grand mal and given the unwanted side effects that I can stay off the meds. I have cut back on alchol try to get at least 8 hrs sleep a night ( not easy with a small child) and just generally try to stay healthy. This doesn't stop me thinking I could have a fit. At the time of the sceizure I was under a lot of stress and probs drinking far more than what I should!! I am hoping that this gammor knife will seal up this horrible avm and take this nightmare away!! X

Hi Bev, hope things work out for you, I understand your concerns about the risk of seizure if not taking medication. There are a few different types available. I'm on Lamotrigine and whilst I don't feel like a zombie I do tend to have disturbed sleep, though that could just be because I'm getting old!

Might be worth asking about other medication.

Good Luck

Dave