Untreated aneurysm

I was on holiday in Yorkshire back in 2010. Having only spent one day there I suddenly felt very very strange! I thought it sensible to call an ambulance and thank goodness I did! I spent the next 2 weeks in Leeds general. One coiled aneurysm and one too dangerous to do. My claim to fame is I was on the same ward as Richard Hammond from Top Gear. Not much of a conselation for having my whole life turned upside down!

I can remember the day I was wheeled down to theatre as if it were yesterday. My daughter drove up from home...about 260 miles. She had lost her 2 year old toddler in January, 5 months previously and all I could focus on was the fact she was going to lose her mummy too! My friend had come up with her and I can remembering her saying "can I have your car if you snuff it"!! I replied "fight it out between the two of you"! This actually cheered me up as I have a strange sense of humour...laugh in the face of adversity!! It works!

Nearly three years down the line and I am still here to tell the tale. I suffer from dreadfull dizziness and have done ever since. Nobody seems willing to find any answeres and get to the bottom of it. Doctors just said I was depressed and gave me anti depressents. I could scream! I know why I was feeling lousy. Physical problems. Not depression. All I have wanted to do is get on with my life. Hard when you are realing about like a drunkard!! Has anybody else suffered these vile feelings? I would be interested to hear. Jude

Hey Jude ( bet you never hear that),

I think your story is very common on here. Most of us get no answers why- I think it also depends on where damage is located etc. It would just be nice to have some professional help us through. I know someone from your part of ther world will be able to direct you better than I can with Head Start and some programs etc.

Good Luck , Mary

I had my SAH just over 9 years ago and still have severe dizziness, walk like a drunkard and fall over. I now use a walking frame and a mobility scooter. With the dizziness even using those is not easy.

Like you I have had no answers from the medics. I can only conclude myself that it is a part of the brain that has been damaged.

Thanks Penny and Mary for the responses. It's really comforting to hear from others in the same boat. Sorry to bear life is so bad Penny...the dizziness! It's debilitating. I want to lie down all the time! I have no idea where the bleed occured. It seemed that once leaving hospital that was that. Just had to deal with it alone. It's very frightening knowing another aneurysm is lurking...ready to blow at any time. My attitude is live life to the full. So much so I just purchased a little sporty coupe with all my savings! Naughty but nice!

Hello Jude, aka (as Mary put) Hey Jude lol,

I was getting dizzy spells whenever I stood up so told it on here as it is scary.

I was told to not jump up quickly and when I stand do it slowly so this is what to do.

Stand then stay still, then off you go, it worked for me. all done in my own time.

I also remember my daughter holding my shoulder and saying welcome back Mum we both cried.

Good luck and let hospital know or Doc that you feel giddy, always let them know, and enjoy new car xx

WinB143 xx Welcome to BTG x

I don't blame you. That is what I do, live life to the full and enjoy it to the best of my ability.

I find it helps to fix my eyes on a set point whilst moving about.

The SAH taught me a hard lesson, there is more to life than work, work and more work.

In fact I had always wanted to travel but due to work restrictions could never do much. Now I go abroad 4 or 5 times a year on my own, gradually whittling down my want to see list. Almost at the end of it now.

Enjoy your new car.

Edited by penny

Hello Jude, aka (as Mary put) Hey Jude lol,

I was getting dizzy spells whenever I stood up so told it on here as it is scary.

I was told to not jump up quickly and when I stand do it slowly so this is what to do.

Stand then stay still, then off you go, it worked for me. all done in my own time.

I also remember my daughter holding my shoulder and saying welcome back Mum we both cried.

Good luck and let hospital know or Doc that you feel giddy, always let them know, and enjoy new car xx

WinB143 xx Welcome to BTG x

Thanks for the reply. I really appreciate it. I am so pleased I stumbled upon this fab site. It's so helpful...just knowing you are not alone. Nothing seems to stop the "drunken" feeling. It has got worse over the months. Been to gp so much and never got anywhere! I am at the point now where I think I will have to live with it forever! Lovely! How lovely what your daughter said to you "welcome back". Mine had to bath me and wash my hair!!! Who's the mamma!!! Kids are fab when things go wrong. You see that they can help you....reverse roles,even if for a short time. Thanks again for reply. X