New member - Norima

Norima

I had a subarachnoid haemorrhage with hydrocephalus on 24 January 2013. An extra-ventricular drain (EVD) was inserted on 24 January and removed on 3 February, coil embolisation was done on 28 January. The EVD became infected etc and all told I was in hospital for 4 weeks.

By most standards I have made a good recovery, but I am not the person I was, something I am finding it hard to come to terms with. I was already retired so at least going back to work has not been an issue for me.

I do have a couple of points I would welcome comments on, but I will post those elsewhere.

Welcome norima. Yes I recognise that, "not the person I was " . Finding the new normal is hard and adjusting and accepting the loss of what we knew we could do is hard but you will get there. Glad you are doing well in your recovery .

Thank you all for welcoming messages.

Daffodil, I have looked at your blog. How I laughed at the entry "Jurassic poo". I have suffered from constipation all my life (as did my father and his mother), and being stuck iin a hospital bed did not help me at all. Eventually I was given an enema; probably fortunately I remember neither this nor the consequences but I gather others do!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...