New member - Sharon

Sharlua

I had my subarachnoid haemorrhage on the 12th January 2015, I had just come out of shower started to vomit and felt like someone had hit me over the head managed to get to my bed where for the next five minutes experienced the worst headache ever. In October my younger sister had suffered a thunderclap headache and been found to have some small aneurysms so I guessed I was having something similar. I was found to have a large aneurysm which was coiled successfully on the 16th Jan. I am now home but on a bit of a roller coaster feeling okay, then not well - really bad heads and emotions everywhere.

Hi Sharon, and welcome to BTG! I can't offer much in the way of advice as only suffered my SAH in December, but I know I've found BTG a welcome resource and community for advice, information and support. It's early days and I'm not surprised your feeling sore and emotional. My headaches have eased a lot but still prone to being tearful. I'm sure things will improve.

Hugs

Mandy

• Like 1

Wow Sharlua - you AND your sister!  That's crazy!  I'm so sorry for the both of you.  Mine was in June 2014 - coil, clips, shunt, etc. so still kind of coming around from it and getting to know myself anew.  I'm so glad you found this site.  The people here are wonderful and you will find a lot of support and answers here.  I hope you have someone with you to help you heal and give you support also.  Headaches are very common.  I'm still on narcotics for mine but it has eased quite a bit.

Emotions are whacky.  I will be talking to my husband about tacos and begin to cry!?  I'm getting used to it and just kind of roll with it.  The most important thing, I think, is that you keep informed through support group or your doctor about anything that scares you.  That's how I ended up here.  I was scared of physical and emotional things that were happening to me and lucked into this site to find out other people had the same thing - and they are doing fine!  

You are not alone.  Come here any time you have a question or a concern.  Take very good care of yourself.  Take it slow and easy.  Drink water.  KNOW you will get better.

Take care and let us know how you are doing

Carolynusa

• Like 1

Hi Sharon

Welcome to the site, glad that you found us.

Rollercoaster feelings and emotions all over the place everyone is like that, but with headaches if your at all unsure see your GP or go to A&E.

Very early days recovery rest a lot - listen to your body when it says stop sit down then do that - keep well hydrated keeps the sore heads at bay a bit...

Take care

• Like 1

As all the others have said this site has helped them/me and my Daughter no end.

You will get there but its a slow process and you get good days and rough days but the

good start to outweigh the bad xx

My consultant told me "No Stress" so passing it on and if you want to sing then do so.

I wish you well in your recovery Sharon, nice name.   I have a beautiful name also, it's called "Winnie  ha ha.

I was named after my Mum lol.  No taste.  But she was a funny Mum who always taught me to laugh a lot.

Smile it helps xx oh and the singing.

Love

WinB143  xx xx 

• Like 3

Hi Sharon,

Welcome to BTG!   Just to let you know we blokes suffer these things too.  And I'll let you into a secret.  My emotions were all over the place too!  So if you just want to have a blast, here is the place to do it, we'll help you the best we can.

You are at the beginning of the road to recovery and it will take time, so as Tina says don't expect too much too soon.

Keep us posted as to how you are doing!

Macca

• Like 1

Thank you for all the lovely welcomes and support it has been good to see how people have shared and supported each other. I think it is great to have such a site as it is full on in hospital and then it feels like you are just left, I do have a support group to attend next week at my hospital and hopefully that will also be useful.

• Like 2

Hi Sharon and welcome....  :)

Which support group are you attending? I only know of about 3 hospitals that have support groups so that's fabulous .... it does really help to meet others in the same position.

Wishing you well .... early days for you post SAH, but it will get better. 

Take care xx

• Like 1

Sharlua- have you gone to the support group yet? If so how did it go? I found BTG over a year after my brain bleed and I wish I had found it much sooner. Everyone here has been a huge help. I was not emotional right after my bleed, it was not until I returned to work and was transferred out of my position (that I LOVED!!!!) and I was so very stressed about the new position- because I had never done anything like this before and then I would cry over everything. I think the stress at work was a huge contributor! Because I was not depressed until all this stuff at work happened. 

I did read and find out that it is very common/normal for people with a brain injury to be very emotional. 

If you have any questions here is the place to ask.

I'm so sorry for what you are going through. The first year is very tough- but it will get better.

Wishing you the best!!!

Ponigirl

• Like 1

Hi the support group was helpful with a mix of people some having had ther SAH years ago and some a few weeks before mine. Helped me to understand some of what I am experiencing is normal. Headaches abeen getting me down but visit to GP showed I have water infection so back on antibiotics. I think having gone from working full out in a very busy job to doing very little is a bit of a shock to my system trying to set small achievements each day and keeping brain active but so miss freedom of my car. Not sure how I know when I can drive I feel quite capable but not sure if DVLA has to give permission I keep reading conflicting messages!

• Like 1

Hello Sharon

So glad you are back home recovering from your SAH- as Macca says- be prepared to give yourself time to heal and listen to your body.

You will definitely get much help on this site as you find other with similar circumstances to yourself.

You will be missing using your car-The DVLC will judge each application to resume driving on its own merits. For example- if you are left experiencing vision restrictions- or seizures- When you feel you are ready-a letter from your consultant to the DVLC explaining this will let the DVLC decide whether to let you back behind the wheel-or whether they need more info from your consultant. If your consultant who knows your situation is positive about you returning to driving-this should sway the DVLC to respond accordingly-

Keep strong and positive-

• Like 2

hi sharon,glad to hear your recovering from your sah.had mine last august.and know what your going through.

it does get better,the emotion thing and weird sensations in and on your head.

this site is great answered a lot of questions i had.

just take it easy and listen to your body

rob

• Like 3