New member - Tracie

Tracie

Hi everybody

I'm Tracie and I had a Spontaneous SAH on 21st July this is my first post. I have a follow up tomorrow with my Consultant through my Bupa which is provided as part of my work package. I'm so glad I have so many unanswered questions and feel like I left hospital unprepared for what lies ahead with little or no advice on what to expect or how to tackle issues. I have even called my GP to actually discuss what happened to me and try and get some of my questions answered. It seems I am not alone in this respect after reading a few of the posts.

Like most I have really good day where you feel completely normal and then days where I just want curl up and block out the pressure in my head, but it seems from what I have read these bad days will start to subside as I progress, after all the brain is a very complex organ responsible for us as a human being functioning and communicating both emotionally.

And physically. I have found that a good cry is the only thing that releases the pressure in my head.

It has been very comforting to read the many posts on this site because you really do feel alone.

What I have also noticed is more women than men post I wonder if this is a factor? Or is it than women are just more open

Tracie

Hi Tracie :)

A very warm welcome to BTG!

Sadly it is very common for many to come out of hospital with little or no information on what to expect.

It's really good you have an appointment with your Consultant tomorrow.

Can I suggest, if you have not done already, write everything down you want to ask. It is so easy to forget something when you have so many questions.

Good luck and look forward to hearing how you got on.

Glad you found us and found some comfort, you are not alone, you will find lots of support and information here.

Feel free to ask any questions and join in the banter in the Green Room....we are a friendly bunch :)

Not sure about more women than men, maybe as you say women are just more open.

Take care

Tina xx

Hi Tina

Yes I have done that.

I chopped my post in half somehow but I'll get the hang of it.

Looking forward to at least some kind of conclusion. It happened exactly 2 months after falling Down The stairs I fractured my back in the process and was off work for 2 month's. As I came down I fell over the bannister whacked my head saw stars and had a horrendous nose bleed.

I just started back to work after doing nothing much for 2 months my job is quite physical I had only been back just over a week and this happened I'm wondering if the blow to the head may have weakened a blood vessel but I guess I'll never know.

Tracie

• Like 1

Hi Tracie :)

I have merged your posts together :)

Ouch! You poor thing, how is your back?

Maybe when you whacked your head it may have weakened a blood vessel, or it may have just been one of those things... but as you say I guess you will never know.

Hope that you get some answers tomorrow xx

• Like 1

Hi Tracie

I had my NASAH on 9 Feb 2015, remember it all until the morphine then have no memory until 6 days later, even though I have been told I was speaking - speaking a load of rubbish! Very difficult to get your head around it, but just believe what you have been told and accept it.

Good luck on your recovery and glad you have found us.

Clare xx

• Like 1

Hello Tracie,

I know how you feel and had a lot of questions when I realized all that happened ( I don't remember being in the hospital for 2.5 weeks). 

I would highly suggest writing down all your questions for when you see your doctor as others have suggested.

You are still early in your recovery. I feel the same, mine was at the end of April this year.

- Paul

• Like 1

Hi Tracie,

Hope you get some answers today and welcome to BTG.

My surgeon told me on my follow up, Try not to stress" so when a little uptight I sing or think happy thoughts.  Hard sometimes !!

I do hope you feel better as time goes on as it can be a long process, healing the brain.

Just get yourself well again and do not listen to others tales of woe,  as it can bring you down, keep smiling and singing is my answer to everything xx 

Anytime you want to give vent to your feelings or have a good moan, come here it helps to share a problem also.

Good luck on recovery

Winb143  xx

• Like 3

Wow Tracie!  You had quite a run of trauma in what seems like a very bad couple of months!  So glad you are here where you can share your story, your feelings, your sad and happy days.  

Always try to think positive about yourself.  

Take one day at a time.  

Rest (naps) are great for me.  Never feel bad about taking the time for that.  

One of my favorite sayings is "Act as if...  Act as if you are feeling better.  Act as if you are healing with each new day.  Act as if you feel great when you get up in the morning.  It works!  

Don't feel bad about crying.  I cry frequently when I run into somebody I knew "before".  But, you know what?  They still like me!  Weird shaved head haircut and all!

Please follow Win's advice about being positive... and singing.  Whistle if you can.  I catch myself doing that a lot and then have to calm down my ears....lol.  Come to the Green Room or post your concerns in any subject that looks like it might apply to you.  Or both! Someone always sees it and will respond with great care for you.  

Okay....these past 2 months are over now.  Focus on healing - step by step.  There is life ahead of you.  This too shall pass.  

Sorry for writing so much...I always do.  lol.  I certainly hope you feel better and better.  Let us know.

Much love 

Carolyn

• Like 3