5 Years Bonus!

Macca

Five years ago today marked the start of a new era in my life.  I survived the truly awful ordeal that we've all been through in one way or another on this site, me a a sufferer, others as a carer or relative.

Thanks to advances in technology and medicine, I survived and I now look on life as every day being a bonus gift - time to make the most of.  That is my way of giving thanks to those that saved me and who cared for me in the darkest hours.

Five years on, I am still here and give thanks to this support site, who have been there for me when I needed help and advice.  I doff my cap to Karen, the founder of this site - what a marvellous innovation it was and what a hole in after care it filled and continues to fill for so many!

I look forward to the next five years - at least!

Best wishes everyone!

Macca

• Like 10

Happy 5th SAH Anni-versary Macca  :)

Hope you have a lovely day celebrating life.  :)

Your positive attitude and caring thoughtful posts are always an inspiration to many.

Here's to many more bonus gift days and anni-versaries !

Take care

Love Tina xx

• Like 4

Keep on keeping on fella. Hope you enjoyed your day today and sharing a quote from Winston Churchill on marking five years that have passed " It is a mistake to try to look too far ahead. The chain of destiny can only be grasped one link at a time."

Sir Winston Churchill

British politician (1874 - 1965)

• Like 5

Les, wishing you a very happy 5th SAH Anniversary!  :) xx

Your contributions to this forum are always very gentle, heartfelt and honest and you have a lovely gift for comforting others.  :)

Thank you so much for the help that you give to me and this site .... you're much loved and appreciated. xxx

• Like 4

Apologies Macca for being a day late in wishing you a happy 5th anniversary. 

You've done remarkably well during those 5 years, bouncing back when things have not been easy and what's even more remarkable is the amount of people you have helped on here with your excellent posts which are always written in a caring and compassionate way.  

Here's to the next five (sorry, no icons with a bottle of bubbly :-D )

Sarah

• Like 4

Macca - a month or two after my head went nuts I looked online for a support group.  I've never been much of a support group kind of person and you will almost never see me corresponding online with people I don't know....BUT... I found this site and I believe it virtually saved my life. (the second time-the first being my wonderful surgeon) . I remember so well reading my first post - it was yours.  I was struck at how eloquently you wrote your message in a sincere, thoughtful, and loving way.  I've told you before how much you meant to me and I know many people feel the same.  

I am SO happy to hear this is your 5th anniversary.  I believe we here at BTG are so grateful for your kind words and wisdom and wish only the best for you for many more years.

Much love,

Carolyn

• Like 9

Wow Carolyn! Thank you so much.  I have tears in my eyes writing this, my own ordeal seems almost insignificant compared to yours.

We all look for, and need, support and our respective health systems don't seem to provide very much of it so we have to do it for ourselves.  Do you know, though, it seems that we're probably the best people to provide that support because we understand - really understand, what people are going through?

You also provide a lot of support and throw in a few laughs along the way, and remember, I saw the Brit in you!

You have the courage, the guts and the understated, but steely determination to succeed in whatever you do.  It's a pleasure to know you and to continue to support you in your continuing quest for well-being. You have your feet on the ground and a pragmatic approach to life that stands you in good stead.

Keep going Carolyn - and I promise I will even listen to you sing with Win (Lol Win - only joking),  if I have to, if it means the sun continues to radiate from your core, so it brings sunshine to all of those you touch (metaphorically speaking of course!) for many, many years to come!

Thanks again Carolyn, I am really touched by your kind words,

Macca

• Like 4

Belated 5th Anni-Versary wishes to you, dear lovely Macca, I hope that you had a great day.

Your wise words of wisdom and your support have given me such strength, especially over my return to work/ career change.

My world is a brighter place with you in it and I thank you for everything that you do and all that you are.

Take care,

SarahLou Xx

• Like 2