1st Year Anniversary

Gemma B-B

Clare good luck for next week, will you mark it or ignore it? You've done amazingly in a year, particularly with getting a new job. 

The noise things is a pain. I'm similar to you Gemma I can listen to music for a bit but definitely have to be in the right frame of mind. We went to a show over Christmas (type of human circus / burlesque / comedy thing) and though I got through it OK is, the noise was too much and I was flattened for a couple of days afterwards with fatigue. At least it confirmed my decision to give away some tickets for a gig just prior to Christmas was the right thing to do, it would not have been a good idea.

Good luck to both of you with your return to work. I'm talking to my boss tomorrow about the kind of work I might take on, and then next Tuesday I'm visiting work with my OT from Headway to talk about things in a bit more detail. Fingers crossed, wish me luck!

• Like 2

Regarding noise, 12 years down the line I still cannot tolerate any noise at all other than the quietist. I do not have a radio on, even though I tried it on very low to try to train my brain to accept the continual sound. That didn't work, I don't even watch tv now as the noise and movement makes me feel ill, besides which I cannot remember what has gone before.

• Like 1