2 years today

Hi Everyone,

Well it`s here, my  2nd Anni-versary another mile stone in my recovery.

It is exactly 2 years and 2 minutes since I had my SAH, WOW what a time it has been,

I just want to say a huge THANK YOU to each and everyone of you for all of the help

and support that I have had over the last 2 years,

I wouldn't be where I am today without the wonderful friends I have made at BTG,

You all have a very special place in my heart :)

I have still got a few problems with my head, short term memory loss and dizziness

but I am learning to live with these, it`s easier to do that now it`s not as scary as it was

at first.

I look at it this way, it could have been a lot worse, I`m still here and I`m winning the battle.

I am a little upset with Verdun, he didn't remember that today was my Anni-versary, I had to

tell him last night and his reply was " oh well you`re getting there " that was it, I wasn't expecting

flowers or anything but I didn't think he would forget completely the day that changed our lives, so

I was a bit upset.

Never mind I won`t let that spoil my day, I don't have any plans, just relax and chill out and be happy :)

So thank you BTG you are all very special people, I love you all dearly.

Love

Michelle xx

• Like 3

Happy Anni-versary Michelle. As you say another milestone in your recovery. Hope you have a lovely day even if Verdun didn't remember.

Chill relax and be happy and all your friends here on BTG will celebrate with you. We are the survivors so understand the significance of this day.
Clare xx

• Like 1

Hi Michelle

Many congratulations on your 2nd anniversary.  

I hope you have a relaxing day and can reflect on how far you have come - you have had so many other things to contend with during those 2 years, yet you have still given so much support to others on here -  you have done exceptionally well in my book!  - hoping the next 2 years are a little easier for you.  And... a special thank you for all the help, support and friendship you have given me :)

Sending a big bouquet of cyber flowers and a big hug to go with it :-D

Enjoy your special day Michelle,

With much love,

Sarah

• Like 1

Hi Michelle

Congratulations on your 2nd Anni  versary. Yesterday it was 1 year since my SAH I spent most of the day at N Staffs hospital having scans. Not how I would've chosen to spend my day but hey ho!! What a year it's been I suppose it's a time for reflection and on a 'good day' I can see the positives and improvements.

I think I'm past the 'why me' and 'if only' stage now . At least I hope I am, BTG has been and still is a great support I'm so glad I found this site

• Like 1

Hi Michelle :)

Happy 2nd Anni-versary !

I hope you have a lovely day celebrating life, relaxing and being happy :)

Another milestone in your recovery.... be very proud of yourself.

You have been through so much and always find the time to care and support others.

Thank you Michelle....we all love you dearly too xx

Take care

Love Tina xx

• Like 1

Michelle, Queen of the cakes xx

Hey you with the dog xxxx Molly tell your Mum I am here xx
Have a happy Anni xx another year over and think Verdun was living it along with you xx

When I ask my family they wont talk about it and my Daughter cannot as it upsets her xx

He loves you and you love him but it means you are getting better lol. Did you celebrate his op day ?? Wins not making it any better lol.

Both go out instead of cooking and enjoy your 2nd Anni xx xx

Love to you Both

Win xxxxxxxx Verdun she does love you xxx ha ha xxx

• Like 1

Thank you all so much for all of your lovely words, it really warms my heart to have friends like you in my life. :)

It probably didn't sound like it in my post this morning but I really am glad to still be here,

I have spent the morning baking cakes and giving all of the staff on the caravan park cake and coffee,

I have had a lovely morning with them.

Now it`s time to chill out and enjoy reflecting on the past 2 years,

You all made me cry when I read your posts, happy tears though :)

Love you all very much

Michelle xx

• Like 2

Happy anni-versary!  Love that word! 

It's strange.  I don't know you, yet I have tears in my eyes.  One word I've never liked is 'survivor' - it always seemed so dramatic.  That is, until I had my haemorrhage.  Now it has greater significance to me as we are all survivors.  I have no doubt that, like me, you have had to fight to get to this stage - to have an understanding and acceptance of your situation.

So enjoy your day and raise a glass (preferably filled with bubbly but probably filled with some health inducing liquid) to your many years to come!

x

• Like 1

Congratulations Michelle,

Well done, it's a slow journey but it's well worth it.  Carry on enjoying life to the full and make the most of what you have got.  Even if Verdun forgot, it shows you care and that there's fight in you so there's a lesson to be learned just from that alone!

Happy anni!!!

Macca

• Like 2

Hi Michelle,

Sorry I missed your big day, but it sounds as though it was a pretty good day overall. As for Verdun, well maybe he just doesn't like to remember. After all, he probably didn't get a fresh cake that day!

Your neighbors must love you with all the baking - and sharing-you do. That, right there, is an amazing display of your consideration and kindness.

Here's hoping that Iife gets better and better for you!

• Like 1

Hope your big day went as planned Michelle, my husband is the same his viewpoint is you don't celebrate a day when you were really ill. Mind he is not one for celebrating anything - unless of course football! You are a great support to us all and I understand your need to celebrate that day as it is a great milestone x

• Like 1

Congratulations Michelle,

Every day is a new and wonderful day after surgery !!!.Headaches are our relatives, they often come and go :-D .  We survivors knows the value of the life very well. I am so happy that you reached a 2yr milestone. I would like to share your happiness with lot of love and smile .....

Hey Michelle, sorry I missed this.

It's good feeling putting that distance between us and the darkest days post bleed and our anni-versarys mark that. This progress you have made will only continue for you as you learn even more about those niggles, gain confidence in knowing what affects , learning how and when to take a break and just generally getting to know more about this new model brain we all now work with. Good luck

Take care now. Onwards!

Good morning Michelle

Belated congratulations from me and Mrs Subs too.

Your frank sharing of your experiences post SAH have been more help to all of us than you care to imagine.

Up here in Caveland I`ve read your posts and smelled the newly baked cakes, visualised the huge( arms fully extended) fish that Verdun had caught, tried to give Molly a cyber hug when ill last year and felt relaxed in that lovely caravan in the North. Always brings back memories of our caravanning days around Appleby 30 years ago with our daughter.

Well done for feeling you are still improving

It`s a 2 year anniversary for Verdun also. He has had a completely different perspective on your SAH and during your recovery. Please give him a pat on the back from me too. :)

Thanks Michelle

Subs

• Like 4