1st year anni-versary

Claudette

The 21st of august will be the first anni-versary of my SAH. I'm writing about it now as I'll be in Portugal on the day, so hopefully I'll be in the sun and near the sea with a glass of (non-alcoholic) bubbly to celebrate. ?

It's hard to believe that a year has gone by - flown by. I still find it hard to believe that I survived two ruptured aneurysms and one unruptured one, and that I've managed to go from being unable to even make a cup of tea to returning to work. But that's exactly what I've done. So on the 21st I'll be raising a glass to all the SAH/stroke survivors out there and applauding the resilience we have to just keep on going.

So happy anni-versary to me and to every SAH survivor!

Xx

• Like 13

Hi Claudette

Hope you have a very happy anni-versary - it'll be my 10th on 25th August.  To me the first year was the hardest, so raise that glass, toast yourself for your resilience and bravery and enjoy  your holiday xxx

• Like 4

Hi Claudette....well done for sharing about your progress as you near your first year post your SAH.

As you say, you have come a long way from those difficult early days.

Enjoy your well deserved holiday in Potugal and wishing you well as you continue to recover.

Subs

• Like 2

Glad all has turned out good for you Claudette and remember keep that smile near xx

Have a great holiday and enjoy yourself, lucky  thing lol

Let us know how your holiday went

Love

Win xxxxx walks away singing songs about "Holidays"  Holiday, celebrate xxxx it will be so nice  whoa... all off key and wrong words lol xxx Note if I sent it twice it is too early for me lol

• Like 1

Claudette,

Let them know (them being stewards ) and you might get upgraded or preferential treatment,  or at desk !! 

What I mean is tell everyone what you have been through lol xx you never know xx

We got upgraded once  to New York.   Year  2001 for New Year and when they went "Upper class passengers please" I stood up and was such

a snob lol anyone would have thought I'd paid for it, but it was an experience I'll never forget.  On the way home we was not upgraded !! sob.

So whoever said it was right ..Onwards and upwards and enjoy yourself xxxx

Win Again ..lol xxxxxx

• Like 1

That's very true, Broncho. Life really IS too short. So much to do and so little time. My children's dad recently discovered that he has cancer - a malignant tumour on his adenoid.

Although we haven't been together for over 7 years, he's still a part of my life and is currently recuperating in my house until after his radiotherapy. We are both grateful for the chance we have been given to live a longer life. Nothing is taken for granted. 

Xx

• Like 2

Hi Claudette ....you are doing a very noble thing for your children`s father. It takes a very strong person to do what you are doing, and I know that whatever the past...your gesture will be very much appreciated by him and your children, and you too will feel better for it..

I do hope his radiotherapy treatment is successful

Subs

• Like 3