P.I.P

Hi welcome to BTG.

I do not have any experience of dealing with PIP but there are a few members on the site that have.

I am sure they will read this soon and post about their experiences.

Be good to hear more about you and your SAH experience.

Clare xx

Hi Nic,

DWP has a poor record on appeals currently (last figures showed they were losing about 60%).  There are three things you should do.

1] Check the law on the decision they made on your case and dispute any where you do not agree. (write it down so you do not forget due to nerves on the day)

2] Check the points they scored you and contest them.  Highlight any unfairness and any issues you feel they did not consider or mention. (write it down so you do not forget due to nerves on the day)

3] Make sure to turn up for the face to face appeal.  DWP often do not turn up and tribunals will often find in your favour if they can see you and witness some of your disability.  You can express more by being there than you can by pen and paper.  If you feel you were treated unfairly, make sure you magnify that by placing emphasis on it.  Be honest. 

Good luck.

1 hour ago, Clare Miller said:

Hi welcome to BTG.

I do not have any experience of dealing with PIP but there are a few members on the site that have.

I am sure they will read this soon and post about their experiences.

Be good to hear more about you and your SAH experience.

Clare xx

Thank you 

Hi Nic,

Big welcome to BTG You have found the best place for advice, having a moan or a laugh and sharing worries.

One of the links that Tina suggested you read was from when I had my appeal. The best advice I can give you is to definitely go to appeal, don't be daunted by the prospect of it, the people on the panel are only human, not ogres.I dreaded mine but it was worth it.

As Macca said, write everything  down that you disagree with(I.e points etc).I walked in with an A4 notebook! Take somebody with you if you can, if only for moral support.somebody(not on this site) told me to wear old/scruffy clothes(i.e., I'm poor) DONT do that ,Dress  smart, it will make you feel more confident. Big deep breath before you go  in and you'll be just fine

Let us know how it goes

Jan xx

• 11 months later...

Archived