New symptoms?? 4 months post SAH

Hi all! I am 4 months post NASAH. The bleed was in the left posterior frontal lobe. I've experienced "normal" recovery symptoms, such as headaches, expressive aphasia, and confusion.

Things had seemed to be progressing a little until about 2 weeks ago. It started going backwards with more severe and more frequent headaches, waves of overwhelming nausea, a general feeling of unease, and dizziness.

Then I started having these strange feelings in my left temple, like a baby moving in its pregnant mom's belly. I know that sounds crazy. But even my friend could feel it and was freaked out by it. My legs have gotten so weak and shaky upon standing. It feels as if I have always just finished climbing down lighthouse stairs.

When I lay for any period of time on my left side, my peripheral vision in the left eye goes grey. Then 2 days ago, I woke up with a dark circle under the left eye. It is still present. My aphasia and confusion have worsened. Anxiety has increased to the point of hyperventilation at times. My vision is so blurry by the end of the day, I feel like I need my glasses, which I'm already wearing. 

I got lost driving to work (worked there for over a year) then was confused later in the week about which grocery store I was in. I have been under a tremendous amount of stress at home so I attributed the anxiety and regression to this. Stress had seemed to cause some regression in the past but no where near this. 

I called my neurosurgeon this afternoon and was instructed that these symptoms were worrisome & not normal, even for SAH recovery, & to come to the ER @ Emory(several hours away) first thing in the morning to be evaluated. If things progress, to come in tonight.

They said I could not wait and come in Monday to be checked. Their concern without much explanation worries me a little bit to all that is going on?

Has anyone else had any issues like these? Wondering what possibilities they are concerned with. 

Thanks!

Myra

Myra i get that feeling in my temple its muscles contracting had it for 15 years now headaches nausea dizziness have these also xxx

My legs quite often feel weak and feel like I am walking on clouds I really wouldn't panic listen to the neurosurgeon but don't panic as that sounds like it could be anxiety to me xxx

Hope things improve soon but don't panic because it makes everything seem worse xxx

• Like 1

Hi Myra, as Skippy said, listen to your consultant and go,  no matter how long the trip.. Don't put it off.  At the worst, if something is happening you will know and be treated. If it is a minor thing you will be relieved of some anxiety.  Also, I agree with Jess that anxiety worsens any residual symptoms we have. Once you address your current issues you may want to consult with your dr on how best to control your anxiety.

Take care, Colleen

• Like 1

Hey! Thanks for all the responses! I went to the ER @ Emory as instructed. They did bloodwork and a CT, being concerned with cerebral edema, increase of CSF or blood. It came back normal. So they gave me some meds and consulted a neurologist.

They sent me home with a steroid to take for the next several days for inflammation. And a neurologist is supposed to be calling me tomorrow to follow up and see what, if anything can be done to alleviate some of these symptoms. I have a feeling it may just be par for the course of recovering from the SAH and the nmbrain injury it left. But we will see. 

Again, thanks so much for responding! It helps a lot to know there are others out there and I'm not just crazy. Because at times this recovery makes me feel like I am losing my mind-or what's left of it. Haha!

XOXO, 

Myra

• Like 2

Hi hope all is going well with you - I've had 2 peremesephalic bleeds now - recovery after the first one I regularly used to get sensations like somebody was poking my brain - it massaging it. After this last one recovery seemed to be going extremely well but then I would get these attacks where my legs would go to jelly a pain in my arm then a sick feeling in my stomach then this intense rush right up my body through my head. These were happening 2 3 times a week. Then they just stopped - the neurologist had no explanation for them as MRI come back normal - psychologist had no explanation either 

- it's hard but keep plodding on 

• Like 1