RCVS diagnosis, advice please

Help please....

My Mam has been diagnosed with RCVS recently after 4 years of going through so much.  We live in Ireland and we received the diagnose just 3 weeks ago but yet we have been given no real information.  My mam is in day 10 of thunderclap headaches, vomiting, she hasn't been able to get out of bed.  We have been to two hospitals and have been sent home on both occasions with painkillers and anti-sickness medication.

I would really appreciate any support or advise on this syndrome.  I feel so helpless and I don't know what to do.  I really can't believe they have allowed this to happen for so long and it now appears that nobody wants to take it on and help us plan and get the appropriate advise or treatment.  

My Mam is wasting away in front of my eyes and I don't know what to do.

Donna

Welcome to BTG.

My question is how was your mum diagnosed, did she have a cerebral angiogram? What was she told on discharge? Were the doctors expecting it to resolve itself?

As you may realise none of us are medically trained so cannot give medical advice.

My approach to your mum's condition would be to dial the emergency services and get her taken back to A&E, even if you have to do it repeatedly. 10 days is a long time to be in that condition and I suspect with the vomiting dehydration could be an added concern.

• Like 3