Car Insurance Renewal

I had SAH and coils. My Audi TT insurance has just come up for renewal and was previously £28 pcm, now the renewal has been quoted at £107 pcm. I was told that the insurance premiums would be unaffected but this appears not to be the case. Just curious how others managed with their insurance after suffering SAH

It is possibly not the SAH that has caused the rise in premiums. I would suggest that you use a comparison site and look to move insurers. Try Aviva and Direct Line separately because they are not on the comparison sites. When you have quotes ring your existing company and see if they will match them.

At the same time you could query the high rise in premium.

No, they are not allowed to load the premium because of ill health.

• Like 1

Thanks Super Mario, I have 5 vehicles and use a local broker for the others, so will try them on Monday when they are open to see what they can come up with. I went on a comparison site and many insurers will not give me a quote. I have queried the increase but they haven't given me a reason. I will try Aviva, thanks for your help. I will keep you posted.

Definitely worth asking why there's such a price increase if its for annual renewal - my premiums weren't affected at all and the year after were lower still.  Are you asking for a quote during an existing policy as they may alter the monthly premium til the end of the policy but even then its a steep increase.