Well here goes

Hello to you all.. I Have  received my date for my op today..  Mixed emotions as I was told it was gonna be between 2 & 3 months away..  Only made my decision two weeks ago  that I wanted to go ahead.. 8th March it's set for unless its cancelled..

I know I need this for my peace of mind but am feeling quite scared now..  I've read all your experiences and am so in awe of what people have been through..  Time to be brave me thinks xx 

• Like 3

Hi lise366 - you've been brave already as you've made the decision to go ahead. I suppose having it done sooner than you were expecting gets it over with quicker. Try and keep busy during the coming weeks so as to keep your mind occupied on other thoughts.  I appreciate it's scary - nobody could be more scared than me, but I managed to get through it - twice, you will too.

I just hope they don't cancel at the last minute - I've experienced that twice aswell and it's not nice.

Don't forget there's always this site to come to help calm those pre-op nerves if needed.

Best wishes,

Sarah

• Like 3

I agree with Sarah alias Kempse  Lise xxxx

Not making light of what you are having done but trust the Docs they know what is best for us.

I wish you well and I will have a word when nearer the time xx  I always chat with Sky and my Mum lol xx

Wishing you all the best and let us know how things went after op xxx

Love

Win xxxx  No Stress if possible  xxxxx

Lise, 8th March is always an important date for me, 5 years ago I went off to work and then was lucky that I got to live through my SAH, I had great surgeons and angels that day so hold your head up high lovely lady and your angels will be with you too. 

You have the courage to face this. It's normal to be scared of any operation , I had to go in a few months after bleed for my shunt op and then again for another angiogram and it's always a stomach churning  experience to wait and know but you are in good hands for this. 

Remember this is what they do for a living and I have no doubt they consider themselves experts in their chosen field. Trust in that. 

Oh and 8th march is International women's Day....so think of all the women in the world overcoming their challenges, send them a thought as you wait for your op as it kinda helps when things are tough to think of others. You are not alone. 

• Like 3

Hi Lise,

Try not to worry, I had two coils 3rd January and I am doing really well, have had no headaches for the past two weeks and feel just like I did before my SAH on 31 Dec. I am sure you will be absolutely fine, they perform this operation all of the time so for the surgeons it's a straight forward procedure.

Wishing you all the very best and look forward to hearing how you got on. I and many others on here are living proof that all will be well :)

• Like 2

Hi Lise366!

I'm just 3 weeks postoperative. It was not a straight forward recovery but I am getting there slowly. I am thinking of you and I wish you all the best.  

In my opinion, UK neurosurgeons are very high skilled and you will be in good hands. It is normal to be scared as I was dreadfully scared and cried non stop from October.  I still feel weak.  I am grateful and thank God that I can live and see my children grow.  All the best and I will pray for you.

Maya

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Lisa, I am going on two years in April for my coiling. I feel pretty good and have been blessed to have had wonderful and skillful surgeons on my side for my surgery. also fell blessed to have my BTG family helping me along from the beginning. I am praying that everything went well for you. please keep us posted. God bless

Debbie

• Like 1