Tiredness

Hi all out there ,

Still not not sure I am posting in the correct places . Just wanted advice on tiredness I feel so tired all the time ,my SAH was 7th January so early days yet ,but how long does the tiredness last ? Also have noted my mood is low too but I guess this is normal too . Finding it hard to concentrate and hold conversations - any advice welcomed 

Best wishes Josie

Josephine, everybody's recovery is different.

I was tired for at least 6 months after my SAH, needing to sleep more than being awake. As for low mood, I think most have experienced this in the early days and you are still in the very early days of recovery. Just give it time, plenty of it and if your mood doesn't improve over time a visit to the GP would be in order, there are drugs or even counselling that can help you through this patch.

Concentration and holding conversations being hard in the early weeks of recovery seems to be a trait of a SAH.

Thing should improve slowly over time, don't expect too much of yourself too soon. Slowly is the way forward. 

• Like 5

Hi Josie

All the symptoms you are experiencing are normal. You are still very early days and the tiredness may well continue for some time together with the difficulty in concentration. I am 2 years on and still suffer from fatigue, not so much as the early days and weeks but still there. I think it is possibly one of the longer lasting legacies of what has happened to our brains.

As Super says if the low mood persists it may be worth a chat to your gp. I know you like to run, have you managed to get back to any exercise yet? Often getting out in the open, even just walking can lift the mood.

It really is still early in your recovery, try not to expect too much too soon. Drink plenty and rest. Things really do get better, slow is definitely the way forward ;)

Clare xx

• Like 3

Hi Josie,

I got up and went back to bed at 10ish ..just got up !!

You will get used to it .  It is your brain telling you have a rest xx

I have always been a watery head, guess that's why I got hydrocephalus ha ha xx

Josie come into Green room and have a natter, well when you feel like it xx Now cheer up and remember to smile  xx

Love

Win (I will sing otherwise) xxxxx

• Like 1

As others have said, you're still early in your recovery and this is a major trauma you've been through. I had fatigue for about 6 months and I notice still that I cope much more poorly after a bad night's sleep or if I'm stressed. Lots of water and lots of naps...it was a good 4 or 5 months before I stopped my daily half hour nap. Remember this is a big injury so be easy on yourself as it definitely takes a long time to recover/stabilise after it.

• Like 1

Hi Josie,

Tiredness does seem to be the normal after SAH, i was like the other's about 6 months of severe fatigue, I'm nearly 3 years since my SAH, i still get tired but nothing like in the early days, you just have to listen to your body and rest when you need to.

Try not to be to hard on yourself, it is still early days for you, i say this all the time " the recovery road can be a bumpy one " tiredness is one of the many bumps on it, it will get easier.

Low mood seems to affect a lot of us, as Claire and Super Mario said if it doesn't improve over time I would try speaking to your doctor, i did and it was helpful.

Hope this helps.

Love

Michelle x