Funny tastes

My taste completely changed after my SAH although it did gradually return. All I was able to drink in the hot drink line was coffee, tea tasted foul. The only things that tasted alright were smoked fish, salad and mushrooms on toast. I lived on those for months.

Funnily enough, my taste changes,  post SAH, were almost the same as in the 1st three months of pregnancy many years ago. I put it down to the SAH affecting my hormone production, rightly or wrongly, I don't know. Was possibly just presumption on my part.

• Like 1

My tastes did change for a while but seem to have gone back to normal now. I went off tea and drank a lot of squash, that helped with keeping my fluid intake up too.

I also found I could not abide alcohol, but unfortunately ( actually fortunately for me ;) ) that has changed and I can now drink it again. 

Clare xx

• Like 3

I used to love eating extra strong mints, since SAH I can't put a mint in my mouth, i have real problems when brushing my teeth and have to make sure I rinse my mouth out really well.

Chocolate was also off the menu but my taste for that has come back.

Michelle xx 

• Like 1

All hot drinks taste foul to me unless it is a Costa coffee,   Sainsburys Supermarket is okay but hit n miss xx

I get weird smells also and it drives me potty.

Cheer up Rosie it gets better xx  Keep trying different ones as my Daughter gets fed up getting me a coffee from local garages lol

Good luck

Win xx xx 

• 3 weeks later...

My wife lost her sense of both taste and smell after her SAH. 7yrs later and there's been no improvement. Funnily she still loves her chocolate. I think a lot has to do with her memory of how things used to taste as she won't try anything new.

• Like 1

ddson,

Mine changed after my SAH but I never realised it until I had a shunt in as I was in cuckoo land until then.

I think things stink and they do not, my hubs gets the hump with it lol.  Doc said it is all in my head but I told him and my nostrils xx He never laughed lol

Mind you I cannot sleep in a bed for more than 4 nights before I wanted it changed.  We do not mean to be a pain and it is horrid,

I ate chocs also and put on weight but I love my food but cannot stand stew/casserole  type dinners.

Take her out for a coffee and remember to us it is so real.   I can eat for the UK lol xxxx

Wishing you both Good luck xxxx

Win xxxxx