Headway Post BI Job/Volunteering Skills Course

Thought I would share this with the BTG community (sorry should have done this sooner  but only just found the weblink....).

Headway Cambridgeshire are running a "Breaking down barriers" 13 week course, to help those with brain injuries return to work or to get involved in volunteering. The next course in my region (East of England), is being run in Peterborough, places are limited but I don't think it is full yet. The course is a mixture of OT rehab type activities, CV advice, interview strategies pertaining specifically to brain injury issues, and ideas and resources for volunteering (within the context of having a brain injury). I am not sure if other county Headway organisation are running this or not, but I can thoroughly recommend it, having attended the first one in my region in St. Neots. 

Here's a web link:

https://www.headway-cambs.org.uk/whats-on/news/community-connections-breaking-down-barriers-1

It was a great opportunity not only to go over some of those important rehab / cognitive exercise / fatigue management strategies, but to do it in a small group where experiences could be shared. All of us on the course found this particularly invaluable. 

If you are local to Peterborough and think you would be interesting, its coming up very soon, contact the organisers and they are good at moving quickly to get the right folks enrolled.

I haven't posted or visited for a while, I hope all here in BTG land are keeping well and happy.

All the best

Greg.

• Like 4