Putting the pieces back together 2years on

Jan

Two years ago today my whole world was thrown towards the skies with absolutely no warning. My world was shattered into tiny fragments. The pieces, still drift back down even now,some were lost blown away on the summer breeze and many of those that I found don't fit together anymore. I don't think I'll ever stop looking,I want to fit as much back together as I can . The sensible part of me knows it will be a different picture, a different world. And I am still (after 2years) trying to accept that fact.

I have learned a lot in two years,  I think that I am now gaining the strength to be me

I do know for sure that without John and BTG, I wouldn't be where I am now.

John is my rock,I love him 'to the moon and back'

BTG is my saviour, A massive Thank you to all of you for your support and encouragement and patience with me 

Love Jan xx

• Like 10

Jan

We love you for who you are now not what you were before. You have come through the hardest part of a brain bleed and have moved on with such courage and determination with John's support to a wonderful women who has such a lot to share and give. Be proud darling of everything you have done and will be doing in the future. Massive hugs and cuddles to you both  xxxx Paul

• Like 5

Jan you are a very special friend to me, I admire your courage and determination to not let this beat you and I know you won't let it.

I didn't know you before, BTG  brought us together and I am so glad it did, you are a very special friend to me as is John, you both have a very special place in my heart.

You have come along way in 2 years and you have given so much support and hope to so many other people, you are an amazing lady. 

You should be very proud of that.

Sending you both love & huge hugs as you continue on your journey together. Stay strong.

Love 

Michelle, Verdun & Molly xxx

• Like 4

Sis - be very proud of yourself - you give us all credit but you're the one who was determined enough to listen, take advice on board, to keep going, and not bury your head in the sand and give in.

I've not met you yet, but you can guarantee that when I travel up to your neck of the woods, I'll definitely be looking you up my dear xxxx

• Like 4

Hello Jan, well done two years on from your SAH.

I also think you have much to be proud for in your recovery. You have raised many interesting discussions for all of us this past 12 months, and added your own personality to BTG.

I know it has not been easy for you but keep positive and keep moving forward.

Thanks for `bearing`  your soul along the way.

Subs

• Like 6

Jan Happy Anni-versay :)  well done on 2 years!.

Different pictures make life more interesting so embrace the new look you have on your life. You have done so well in the last 2 years overcoming your sah and the changes that followed it.. You have had massive changes with having to give up your sweet shop and dealing with the physical legacy of your bleed. But you have always supported others and your sense of humour has shone through.

Be proud and look forward to the coming year and your forthcoming marriage.

Clare xx

• Like 4

Hey Jan.

At two years I bought a picture in a charity auction for my treating hospital which is a picture of small jigsaw pieces being carried off away from someone's head and  birds flying back with other smaller but different shaped pieces. It can only have been drawn by someone who knows how that feels and you have just described it beautifully, it's how I felt too. 

keep on keeping on. Well done for all that you have overcome. Keep rearranging the pieces, it may make a lovelier picture you never know. 

Daff x

• Like 6

I am completely overwhelmed by all your lovely and kind responses. I am (almost) at a loss for words, That would be a first for Jan who rambles on and on ! 

You all make me feel loved and understood.Thank you so very very much

Sis, you are welcome here anytime, I can't wait to meet you.

Michelle, I'll pm you, we're hoping to come up to the Lakes soon

Lots of love

Jan xx

• Like 4

Jan, Happy 2 yr Anni-versary lovely lady :) 

As the others have said, be so very proud of how far you have come.

You are an inspiration and very much a big part our BTG family. 

Here's to the future and your forthcoming wedding to John :)

Lots of love

Tina xx

• Like 1

Congratulations Jan on two years of striving and healing.  I know it hasn't been easy but you are so much stronger than you think you are; you're doing great!

Hope you enjoy your visit with Michelle. Have some cake for me!

Love, Colleen

• Like 3

Two years already Jan?  Berlimey!!!!

It's great to have you on board and know that you are able to pass on your own experiences to help others.

I wish you and John all the very best for your wedding and beyond.  I hope too that you continue to participate on this site.  I am also eternally grateful for the support of all the fabulous people on here.  It is a fantastic group and provides so much help to folks for whom there was previously very little information or resources to use.

It's never easy coming round from an SAH but one of the greatest things that helps is knowing that you aren't on your own.  That is this group's greatest asset and it's people like you that help make it what it is.

Good on yer Jan!

Macca

• Like 4

Sorry I'm late in replying - some lovely responses as usual from the people of this wonderful site to your well written and descriptive post.  

I know you have struggled at times with the aftermath of sah, but one thing that shines through is your lovely personality and sense of humour - oh that's two things - two great assets that should help you through the next year and beyond.  

Love,

Sarah

• Like 3