SAH 5 years ago

Hi all,

I had an SAH 5 years ago when I was 38.  I spent the first couple of months afterward being scared of having sex or straining on the toilet and was really worried that it would happen again.  Everyone is different so I don't recommend this but for me it was essential to beat the fear.  I got on a treadmill and ran as fast as I could for as long as I could.  I figured that if my brain didn't explode after that then I should be ok for sex and toilet trips.  I am still careful on the loo to be honest.

These days I do get tired a lot and I get that tickly odd brain sensation sometimes.  But the worst thing for me and there is no actual link to SAH's for this but after getting home from the hospital I had an episode of vertigo.  I get it off and on now but for the last couple of months it's been relentless, on Thursday it was so bad that I was sick twice.

Does anyone else get that or is it likely to just be an ear problem?

Yes -  get to your GP and get checked out.  Vertigo is unpleasant and needs to be dealt with. We aren't doctors so medical advice is out I'm afraid.  The best person to see is your doctor - it may be related but it may not but either way we can't tell you.  So the best way not to worry is to get a professional diagnosis as soon as possible.

Please let us know how you get on - and good luck!

Macca