Welcome, Guest!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.
weedrea

Musings ahead of yearly scan

5 posts in this topic

I'm travelling to Glasgow on Monday for my 2 year scan following my SAH (end of July 2015). I live an hours drive and an hours flight away from Glasgow on one of the Scottish islands. Last year when I went for my scan my parents met me there for a few days holiday. This time I'll be travelling alone. When I think back to my trip to the local hospital on that fateful night I was grateful my hubby had thought I should take an overnight bag....(I think it was only pjs and a toothbrush but very useful all the same!). I was discharged and and then went back in later in the day for a precautionary scan....3 hrs later I was on the medivac plane (alone) with my slightly under-resourced overnight bag which I'd luckily left in the car. 

It got me thinking...how do others who have to travel prepare for trips back to hospital? Do I take an overnight bag just in case, phone chargers, a book? Food?! Seems silly to think about it as my trip will see me leaving the house at 7am and be back home by 5.30pm. Does anyone else have a "just in case" bag? 

Andrea

1 person likes this

Hi hun

That's a lot of travelling, but I can't imagine that you'd need an overnight bag for a scan - but if it makes you feel more secure and less stressed, then I'd take a little bag with what you need - just to put your mind at ease.

1 person likes this

Glasgow efficiency at its best...in and out in 15 min and left the hospital 10 mins before my actual appointment time. So pjs and toothbrush not required! Now for that long journey home. :)

9 people like this

Glad it went ok and hope the journey home went well. 

2 people like this

I waited for results Weedrea and they just signed me off and if I felt a bit rough to make appointment  via my Doc.

Touch wood xxx  no need as of yet xx Good luck on results

Love

Win xxxxx