Barometer Head?

Jan

I've read posts on here in the past( can't find them now) relating to Barometer head and just wanted to ask a few questions. . . . My head has felt fuzzy and heavy today. I felt really really tired early afternoon so I had a sleep for an hour on the sofa, I Never sleep in the day.It was sunny and warm here this morning, it's cloudy now and I think we're due thunderstorms around 5pm.could my heavy head be related to the weather?  If so, how does my head know that we're due a storm? I know that you can't give any medical advice, I just wanted to hear of other people's experiences/ feelings

Thank you for reading

Jan xx

• Like 1

Hey Sis

There are a few on here that suffer from this, me included.  The fluid surrounding the brain is to blame I believe.  It "senses" the build up of pressure (almost like being on a plane or diving into a deep pool) and then makes you feel like you're walking around in fog and can give headaches too.  

When its overcast and we're due some rain my head bangs like a set of drums - its a nightmare.  It's overcast here now and I can feel the beginnings of a headache starting - luckily we had rain a few minutes ago and this releases the pressure a bit for me - not sure why, maybe cos it "clears the air".

• Like 4

Hi Sis,

That is a great explanation thank you, You've just made it make sense for  me ?We didn't get the predicted storm, just lots of rain, my head feels better now?Thank you again.

Jan xx

• Like 1

Hi Jan,

We had a lovely day today until about 3.30pm, when it gets really cloudy I always feel really tired, it feels like my head is in a vice, 

We had a huge thunderstorm and heavy rain and once it was over my head eased up.

I think Sami's description was perfect.

Love 

Michelle xx 

Hi all. I get this too. Tight feeling round my head & my neck really aches? We had a huge storm here last night & I felt much better this morning. It's back tonight but not as bad, maybe more storms to come. It's so hard to explain, but good to know it isn't just me! Nite nite zzzzzz

Many thanks for all your replies, As Lyn wrote its good to know it's not just me.

Perhaps we haven't realised our new vocation?

"And here is today's weather forecast, brought to you by BTG !!!!!"

Jan xx

• Like 4

Jan,

Weird isn't it  how we know !!!

I used to feel very heavy headed  in early days but like everything we get used to living with it, she says hearing thunder in background arghhh xx

Be well and thanks for the forecast  ha  xx

Love

Win xxxx

• Like 3

• 6 years later...

I'm nearly 6 years since my NaSAH I've got 2 shunts, 1 in my back which is tied off and a programmable shunt in my head, due to complications with Hydrocephalus.

I've suffered quite debilitating sensory flooding issues since my stroke. I Use many coping strategies to get me through as best I can. 

I'm now finding after several years of changeable weather conditions, all year round that its affecting me. Changes in barometric pressure I seem to be very sensitive too and it knocks me for six. Heavy head, fullness in head, nausea, headache, can't think straight, cognitive sluggishness. Sensitivity gets highlighted to bright lights and noise etc.

I find keeping well hydrated, take anti sickness and pain med if you need them. Plenty of rest/sleep helps, also keeping your surroundings quiet and close your curtains. I'm finding any storms we are getting I'm being affected by them. I've checked with my hydro nurse and it seems quite a lot of us are experiencing these symptoms with changable barometric weather conditions. Really feel for you all. We've had at least 3 storms over the past month with flooding etc and snow is on its way today. Keep warm, everyone, I'm wrapped up with my fleecy hooded pjs, don't know about anyone else, but my shunt does let me know when it's cold, so I keep my head covered which helps.

Lots of love to everyone

Bev x

• Like 3

It’s almost 12 years since my SAH and I still suffer when we get low pressure.

I’m not sure if it’s getting better now or I’m getting used to it or maybe cope with it better.

I tend to go to bed and keep out of peoples way as much as possible or go for long walks with the dog 🐕 

• Like 2