My Darling Linda

paul99

Hi Paul, so caring of you to catch us up on Lin's condition. I'm terribly sorry for the setbacks you have endured and hope changes in the meds will help Lin feel better. please don't apologize for not posting during ths difficult time. I'm sure we've all had stretches where we check in on our friends but just don't have the reserves to post. And I know I am not coming any where near to expending the energy that you put into helping Lin. She is such a blessed soul to have you as advocate.

Hang in there Paul and we will pray for you. 

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Paul!

Welcome back buddy - it's great to see you on here again. I stand in awe of you sometimes because of what you do for Lin.  Don't beat yourself up.  Nobody could be doing more that you are.  It's very frustrating trying to get the right help sometimes but don't ever give up.  If people aren't helping shout louder, don't be embarrassed.  These people are supposed to be there to help you, so demand it.

Perhaps next time you can go to that neurologist first?

I hope I'm not teaching you to suck eggs here, but what I would also say to you is that prescription drugs always come with leaflets that tell you of the pros and cons of taking them.  It is important you know what all of them are so that you can recognise any problems and recognise when you need help at the earliest opportunity.  So always make sure you read the leaflets.

Paul - any time you want to rant just come on and fire away - it's what we're here for!  Chin up!  You do care, that's why you came on, but you know, when you're down - the only way is back up again and you've started to rise again.  You're never on your own Paul - we're still here with you, all you need to do is what you've done here - reach out!

Macca

• 2 weeks later...

my dearest friends

after yet another hard day with lin which I will go into later because when I got back to the flat there was a fairly large box outside the door addressed to me

but with the logo of moonpig .com on opening it knowing that I hadn't ordered anything and the fact I didn't know anyone who would send me anything and discovering a wicker hamper type box  containing a hamper of fudge biscuits tea and various other items and looking for a card just in case it was not for me to discover a card from the team from behind the gray  I felt shocked and extremely humbled and embarrassed that friends from behind the gray would think such a lot of me to do this beautiful thing the message means so much and the reason of feeling so humble

THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH  yes im embarrassed but also very warm inside for your kind and beautiful act of kindness which was not expected but shows that you are all beautiful people  massive hugs and cuddles bless you all and thank you for all the support you have given me and lin I think that's all I can say at the moment I will enjoy the contents   bless you all

update things haven't changed much as of yet I will ring the professors secretary thurs to find out what is happening it is so heart-breaking to see lin suffering so much and even with all my medical skills I cannot take the pain away but I have to sit and hold her hands and try and settle her down which seems to work some of the time

one thing I have learnt is that the neuro stimulate being used just stimulates everything within lins body not just the brain I think one thing that's being stimulated is lins bowel that's gone into overdrive I asked that the gp ordered some buscopan to ease the cramping  which has worked to a certain level but the cramping continues we have worked out that if we took a certain action lin is compliant and it removes a certain amount of cramping but it returns a few hours later

we have discovered that we don't think it is epilepsy but when the pain levels get to much lin is driven over the top so the main problem is working to recognise that period before it gets to the flipping out stage and take the appropriate steps which seems to be working

lin is going to see the neurologist next week as the botox really needs topping up and we hope she has heard from the professor and do her shoulder and hopefully she will come up with something that will help with the cramps that is where I believe the main problem lies

all I would love to have is lin out of pain and to reinstate her progress

love to you all massive hugs and cuddles  from both lin and me xx

Paul

So glad you liked the hamper - Karen really wanted to do something special for you and we were all for it.  You've continually offered so much support to others on here despite your daily toil and looking after Lin and her welfare.  You are an amazing person and restore my faith in humanity every time I read one of your posts.  You are truly truly amazing. 

I, for one, look forward to the day when you and Lin are in a wonderful place together and she is well enough to maybe have a trip out and we can meet face to face!!

Enjoy the contents of the hamper as it was sent with much love, thanks and admiration xxxx

Paul and Lin,

After all you have been through together the hamper is no less than you deserve.  It is just a gesture to let you know we think about you often and we know how hard daily life can be.  Enjoy it Paul  with all our love here at BTG.

I wish you much luck for the future, Paul, you are an extraordinary man!

Macca

Paul so glad you like it xxx

You are amazing how you have continued to support lin and yet still offer support to everyone who needs it here xxx 

I have met you and lin and you are both lovely people who deserve to be happy xxx

bless you all I am crying as I type this note I honestly didn't deserve such a treat god bless you all, all I have is the love for lin and I must admit since Christmas life has been so hard as most of you know lin and I don't have anyone to confide in and I have really reached depths I have never known before not even during and after lins bleed  have I never felt so low

by sending the hamper you have really made me revaluate my life and reminded me I DO HAVE FRIENDS WHO CARE  god bless you

I have corrected the name of the supplier in my original post I think it shows that im  in a right state   thank you so much everyone xxxxxxxxxxx

You're welcome Paul!  Chin up mate, we're all here when you want us.

Put a smile on that face and cheer Lin up and then look in the mirror and cheer yourself up!

Every day offers new hope and aspiration.  Every day shows progress, no matter how little, but it is still progress.

When you are feeling low, don't bottle it up, let it out on here - that's what we're here for.

Nobody can do any more than you are Paul.  If we could we'd be there in a heartbeat.

Best wishes

Macca

• 1 month later...

Hi Paul

Read your lovely Lins story and just wanted to let you know hubby coming back from same thing. How is Lin doing now?  What was the first thing you remember about her recovery?

My hubby is in hospital after 6 months but after nothing for 4 months, now he's flying. How long was it before Lynn could come home? My husband has done well but desperately trying to do everything himself. Today, after 3 days, insists on feeding himself. It was only Friday that he started eating. Poor guy has not had proper clothing on for 6 months, wants to do things so badly.  I am taking his new shoes he bought just before so he can practice tying his shoes. He will be ready when he has to put them on.

Was Lynn's aneurysm a 4, don't know how categorize them in UK.  Talk again

palhuc

• 2 weeks later...

just a quick update friends lin has been rushed into hospital and is suffering pneumonia and apparently lins kidneys have taken a hit and her sugar levels are through the roof  even though she is not diabetic  sorry its so short but im back to the hospital love to all xx

Archived