My Darling Linda

paul99

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

my darling friends

it is with a ripped apart heart and still in shock Linda passed away at 0545 this morning  in hospital I cant express how I feel losing my darling sole mate my mind is all over the place at the moment  sorry love to you all xx Paul

Hi Paul,

So very sorry to hear your news and you must be feeling so full of turmoil at the moment. 

You must feel very lost at the moment, but you and Lin have battled on for so long now.  The suffering for Linda is now over.  Remember the many good times you had together.  Remember also the good fortune you had to find each other and to spend all that time together. What a privilege it is for you both that you enjoyed each others love and company, fulfilling each others lives.

A lot of people search for a lifetime and never find what you two did and never have what you have.

Celebrate her life Paul, she deserves that.  Yes, the latter part was difficult because of her illness and conditions, but one thing that was never in doubt was the love you have for each other.  You also got that extra time to spend with one another and I am sure that one reason she battled so long and so hard was because she wanted to be with you.

Paul, I am so sad to hear this, but please know that you and Lin are always in my thoughts, and have been for so long now.

Macca

Paul.............. I am so sorry to read your post about Linda.

Along with you, our hearts are so sad too and many on BTG have shared your journey over so many years.

Paul,  what you have showed in your unwavering support for Linda is hard to comprehend.

Your feelings of love, hope, fear, joy,  frustration, relief and helplessness over such a long period is far more than most of us could cope with.

Linda had a great `soul mate`  in you, and we are proud of the strength you have shown in such demanding circumstances.

Paul our thoughts are with you throughout the coming days and weeks.

Take care and may God bless you and strengthen you.

Subs

I'm heartbroken to read this news Paul.  I can't begin to imagine the grief you must feel at losing your beloved Lin.  

We have all been touched by your story over the past 8 years and thank you for allowing us into your lives and sharing this with us.  Your loss will be immense.

You have been remarkable Paul in your commitment to helping Lin and I hope you can take strength from that and all the wonderful things you have done with her since you met.

My thoughts are with you at this very difficult time.

Much love,

Sarah

Paul I can't find the words to express how I feel.I'm so  sorry to  read your post about Your darling Lin

Thinking of you

Much love

Jan xx

Paul, this thread is and will always be a beautiful story of love , care and compassion between two souls mates and is lasting testament to the beauty of your relationship and how you coped in the years since Lins SAH. I applaud you both for that. 

She was ready to go, her body could endure no more but she goes wrapped in your love. Such sad news though , I know many of us are upset but our thoughts are with you sending you strength for the coming days and weeks. 

What is Lins favourite charity? If you share I would like to make a donation in her name, in her memory? 

Take care now, BTG is here if you need us, just reach out. 

Daff x

So very sad for you Paul ... words are never enough, but I think that you can see from the responses on here, that we've all shared your journey with Lin. As Daff has so eloquently said, that it's been a beautiful story of love ....and we all feel part of yours and Lin's journey .... Such a sad day,  but Lin fought with great courage and you have too .... she couldn't have wished for a better partner.

Sending much love to you and I'm so sorry. xx

Paul I can barely read or type for the tears.  You have been such an amazing partner to Lin and your story on here has held all of our hearts completely.  I cannot express my sadness but my heart is truly broken for you.  

My deepest sympathy, biggest hug and most sincere condolences sweetheart xxx

Posted on behalf of Palhuc

Hello Paul

I have only known you, Paul a short time on this site but have come to realize what a  kind person you are and a loving husband to your Lin.  It is with my heavy heart for you that I hear of Lins passing. I wish words were enough to comfort you. Please take care of yourself . My family sends their deepest condolences to you Paul. Remember Lin with happiness. I have no doubt how much she loved you.

palhuc

So sad news really gutted for you, guess words don't convey the amount of dedication, love, care and fight that both of you have given.  Your love for each other shone through your posts and that can never be taken away.  Take Care Paul my thoughts are with you x

Sharon x

So sad to hear of Lin's passing Paul. Hope you can find comfort in the words of us here on BTG who saw how much you loved Lin. My thoughts are with you at this very sad time 

Clare xx

Paul,

I was shocked and very sad to hear you have lost your Darling Lin,

A beautiful light has gone out in your world today,

But that light will shine brightly in heaven forever.

Sending you much love at this very difficult time,

Michelle xx 

Dearest Paul,

I am so very,very sorry to read the sad news of your loss. Lin has battled so valiantly all these years, she has been a true inspiration. And there has rarely been a more devoted partner and carer than you.  We all have been so blessed that you have shared your lives this way.  Words are so insufficient. Please know I send my deepest condolences and wish I could reach you with a hug.

I pray you will be comforted knowing that Lin now is truly at peace in God's everlasting light and love. 

Love, Colleen

My dearest friends,

Thank you for your condolences. Its been very hard to come to terms with lins death so suddenly and so quickly.

Trying to arrange things has brought its own trials and tribulations.

However plans have now been confirmed for Lins funeral. Its going to be a very simple cremation on the 19th of may at 0930 at Stafford crematorium and  after which, I will retain Lins remains until I pass away and then we will be interred together, as we have been in life.

The songs are: "You Are Not Alone" played on pan pipes.  If you wish, you can listen to the rendering on You Tube and leaving on Dolly Parton's 9 to 5.

Lin  would have been proud and so grateful to  you all, for supporting me through the last 8 years plus and would have liked to have thanked you in person if she could have, God bless you all.

Daffodil has suggested that those who wish to donate to charity and would you mind if I asked you for those who wish to donate to BEHIND THE GRAY please,  in Linda's name  as I believe Karen would use it to support this important site, which is the only site in the world who caters for survivors of sah's and strokes with support from survivors who wear the tee shirt with pride  and hopefully it will be part of Linda's legacy.

I will pop on now and then and will try to support those who need help.

God bless you all and thank you from the bottom of my heart words cannot express how I feel, but my love goes out to each and everyone of you with gratitude, humble appreciation to you all.

God bless each and everyone of you xxxxxpaul

Paul, I so wish I could attend Lin's funeral to give you a hug in person, but unfortunately I will not be able to have the time off work.  Promise me that you'll look after yourself and know that we will all be with you in spirit on the day and my heart will be with you too.  Also, please do stay in contact and we ever have a get together make sure you come along so that we can all give you those long overdue hugs.

You're an amazing man and I can only imagine how proud Lin was and how proud she would be of you right now.  Stay special my darling man xxxx

Paul I'm so sad to hear this news (thanks karen for posting on fb for those who don't regularly visit btg now). I know what an amazing love you had for each other and the things you battled through to get Lin the best of everything. You were an incredible advocate for her and no-one could have done more.

Please look after yourself and know we'll all be with you in spirit at the funeral, holding hands and giving you strength.

I am at a loss to express how sad I am for you, juast know that we all love and care about you x

Archived