My Darling Linda

paul99

hi everyone a nice day with lin she looked at me for a while and i got a shock i was holding hr hand when i felt her thumb on her right hand move twice it was like an electric shock and it made me stand up boy was it a shock after so long just moved it twice wow i asked her to do it again but no joy after so long with now movment well i will just have to wait for the next time also the dr came and found me as promised and told me although linda is not stable yet they are going to down size her traci to see if she can cope its going to be done slowly so another move forwards but i have been warned that if she dosnt like it they will reinflate again and try later so in antisipation fingers crossed if they do that and are able to remove it she may be transferred to cannock but that may be a few weeks from now he said he not going to rush it hes going to do it at lindas pace

also the phyios want linda out of bed into a chair that tilts back so her head will be protected and hopefully she will work on being able to regain taking the weight of her head and be able to control it they worked on her all over the weekend just to try and get her mobile so all in all a nice day fingers crossed we wont have any problems fingers crrossed the dr has said that the roller coaster ride is not over yet NOW I KNOW WHY I DONT LIKE ROLLER COASTER RIDES AT FAIRS NEVER HAVE it made me sick the frst time and i have never forgotten it and this one is making me sicker than ever on that very nice day im going to go to bed and remember the thumb night night and god bless you all

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hi everyone

just got back fter a long day when i got there lin was sitting in a chair that was sloped back to support her head and what a picture she made god she looked fantastic and yes i did cry i have been waiting so long to see her out of the bed and see that she had legs it made my day lin was also looking around if i can say that i think she was taking it in i dont know but it really set my day the staff put her back into bed at 3-40 and she prompty fell asleep bless her it must have tired her out something rotten

lin looked so beauitfull i have also been told there going to put the peg in tommorow morning so they can get some more nutrition into her he has lost weight and muscle tone so hopefully see will put more weight on but they are conerned about her condition but i suppose thats normal once the ng tube is out there will be no stopping me snogging her all day i musst admit it hasnt stopped me yet lin has the most snoggable lips i have ever known so a cracking day today fingers crossed it will continue in the days to come i hope so karen and sami thank you for your messages it means so much honestly well im going to jump in the bath ready for bed and tommorrow night night and god bless you all from lin and me xxxx

Paul that is really great news, it does tire you out sitting in a chair I remember that well when they put me in one the day after my second op and I hadn't had a bleed then. Hope things keep improving for you both. Jess.xxx

Will see you both soon.

Hi Paul

That's fantastic news - such a boost for you and a promising sign for the lovely Lin. I'm smiling now, as I look forward to your updates on Lin, and this is the best news yet.

No need to thank me for the messages - I'm glad that I can give back the support that I have received here for the last two years.

Take care and big hugs to you both

Love Sami xxx

hi everyone

another nice day with lin she has her peg this morning and she was awake for quite some time and her eyes looked clearer and more atentive but about three she went of to sleep and really slept untill just before i left i put her muscic on and im sure as she was listening tears flowed not many but the music was[ you are not alone ] played on pan pipes very moving ken came down today for a visit and he thought he felt some resistance from her left hand very slight but he was sure so things might be happening

lin didnt go into the chair because of the peg which is understandable they intend to start feeding her via the peg in 48 hours from tonight lin had colour in her face today i also thought i felt her move her legs when i took off the boots which they put on lin to try and stop foot drop but i wasnt sure wether i took the boots off or wether lin did move her legs so many messages today will just have to wait untill she does it again to be sure i have told her about the site and the messages of support that you are giving her and i think and hope she took it all in

its seems to be getting better every day i just hope it continues we both need it to keep our sprits up just another beautifull day at stafford hospital been told i can tickle her tummy tommrow he he thats all for tonight think i will get a good nights sleep night night all and god bless from us both to you all xxx oh before i close lin is manageing to keep her traci clean and hasnt had it or needed it cleaned out brillinent or what

Hi Paul

So glad that you are seeing some regular small improvements in Lin. Just remember it is baby steps forwards but will keep praying that the small improvements keep increasing for you.

Love and best wishes to you both.

Janet x

Guest mojojojo

Hiya Paul and Linda

I follow your story with admiration, although i have troubles of my own, i find so much comfort in your story. Each day i see hope for you both. There seems to be inprovement daily in her condition which is great. I'm sure i say it on behalf of all the members of behindthegray, that we wish you well and send lots of love and support to you both.

Paul make sure your taking care of yourself too :-)

God Bless

Sharon

Hi Paul

It's so good to hear of the improvements each day - no matter how small, but as Laura said there still may be days when it's not so good - so it's important that you hold onto the good days and not see the bad days as backward steps - just that the traffic lights are on red and you can't go further the moment.

I look forward to the day when Lin is sat where you are reading this and she's writing to us all herself.

Stay positive but make sure that you are taking care of yourself too.

Let us know how Lin reacts to having her tummy tickled :D - does she have ticklish feet? Maybe you could ask if you could tickle her feet too if she does.

Sending love and hugs to you both

Love Sami xxxx

hi everyone thank you for all your wish's

i am terrified of the rollercoaster rides having seen what it has done so far to lin i just pray and pray that it dosnt do that again im not sure i could make that choice anymore sharon im sorry if i seem insenitive because i have been so tunnel visoned i know people are going through their own personnal challanges and although i read the stories i have forgotten and possiblby insentitive for that i am very humbly reminded and because i have been concentaing on linda i havent been able to comment on what else has been said on other threads im sorry but having said that i would like to support averyone if i can i will always try to help anyone but im new to this sort of thing it too close unless i put my work head on like wurzle gummage then i will help wherever i can

before lins collapse she had devilish ticklish feet and wouldnt let me near them unless i caught her out we had very many a fun times tickleing each other and lots of other things which i am trying to keep alive for when lin comes out of hospital i intend to not only tickle her tummy but to see if i can get any response from her other spots which i have been very wary to try because i was frightened to try because i was scared to try because off her condition or the staff at the hospital might frown upon me she does give me the come on sign which she has always done with her eyes i do see love in them every time i look into them which is all the time i cant get enough which gives me hope just to sit with her lights my fire

i feel so priviledged to have found someone who returns my love so uncondiotionly as i give mine to her [sorry about spelling im going in a few minutes so i can give her a snog and hopfully be shown how i can cuddle her they havent done it yet but they will i will tell lin of your thought and best wishs bye for now and thank you all so much xxx love from both lin and myself update you later xxx

Hi there Paul don't worry to much about helping others on here as you are going through alot yourself just the trips to the hospital alone are enough. I know cause my mom, dad and Kev did it everyday twice so we all know how hard it is to respond to everyones problems so you just concentrate on looking after yourself and Lin and keep us updated. Jess.xxx

Hi Paul

Hear hear to what Jess has said - you need our support at the moment and that's what we're here for - there'll come a time when you can help and support someone on her - but at the moment look after yourself and Lin.

Love n hugs

Sami xxx

hi everyone

firstly thank you for all you have said and i have taken it onboard but with all your help and support i am getting through this nightmare and i must say that i have been very tunneled visioned because it is so close to home but because of your support i feel as if i want to help someone anyone it helps me by distracting me in the mornings and stops me going down because lin is where she is i cant help that but i know lin would support me as she knows what i am like if i can help someone she will be chuffed i am beginning to settle down im most certainly handling things a bit better untill the next slide down if my darling takes a turn for the worst which i hope will not happen so if i can help with my contacts and your support im up for it besides it makes me feel better

however i have just got back thank god they relaxed the visiting times for me go in anytime and come out at anytime they are beautifull people at the hospital any way lin was in the chair today in very manly pajamas i will have to sort that out if shes goin to sit in the chair every day he he at first lin was with it looked at me quite a lot ohh those eyes then lin got tired and they put her to bed at 3-30 and she had a what appeared to be a nice relaxed sleep woke up about 5 then i noticed they had deflated her traci hopeing to down size it next week to a size 4 just for suction and to get lin to swallow more lin has a week swallow at present because of her condtion and the traci

i also noticed they are now feeding her ahead of shedule to build her up and the dietcion came and explained what they intended to do from now on when she goes to cannock and she starts phyiso they will increase her intake and if all goes well there should be no problem lin eating and swallowing but as you know this is going to take time to day i felt lin move her left hand and arm slightly and pushed my hand which was holding her towards her leg this time i didnt imagine it it lifted me no end it is so magical when i go in and hold her hand and yes i did tickle her tummy but i didnt get a response untill i asked her if she liked it and i got a double blink made my day

lin fell aleep about 7-30 so i put the pan pipes on and kissed her gonight just after they inflated the cuff on the traci for tonight there going to deflate again in the morning and hopfully she will cope with it down again lin is so brave and i love her so much so a quite day but a lovley one and yes i snogged her all day end enjoyed it tahts it for today nice and peacefull and enjoyable with my darling lin and yes i want her to come on here herself that would be magic night night god bless im going to bed sleep tight everyone xxxlin and paul

Archived