TIA's

amexdm

Hi all:

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this. I think I had a TIA yesterday. In fact pretty sure. I had all the sypmtoms. Then they passed. Should I go to hospital? Anyone have any experience with this? Thanks.

David

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Never had that happen but I would call my doctor to tell them. Davey do you check your BP at home? Gosh I have asked that of everyone the past week. How long did it last and where were you?

Yesterday I had cartoid artery on my left side pulse so hard I could see it for about 10-15 seconds. I did not call doctor either, never had that before and it was freaky. BUt my bp was only like 106/80 the lowest it has been in years since SAH. If it happens will call dr.

You have such a history of your BP going sky high I really think you should as least give a call. What did it feel like?

Maryb

Hello,

Karen, Mary-I was going to lunch and started to feel dizzy and numbness in my face. I pulled in to my driveway and called 911. I could barely speak and numbness in arm. But after 15 minutes I felt fine. TIA's last a short time. The medics said likely TIA and wanted to take me to hospital. Dummy me went back to work.

A TIA is a mini-stroke. It is supposed to be a warning of "the big one". I called my Doc yesterday but he wasnt avaialable. My BP has been 180/120 for 3 weeks. I may go to hospital today after work. I know I am a dummy but I cant afford to lose my job nor health insurance.

Any else know anything? TIA's are common. Any advice is welcome.

David

david go to hospital don't waste time with gp he will only send you to hospital your bp is off the scale the and you need looking at take care speak to you soon let us know how you get on I have sent you a pm take note please

Edited by paul99

Hi David,

I'm really hoping that you've heeded the advice and that you're now heading towards the hospital ..... you really need to go and I don't want to see you on here until you've got yourself checked out... take care David and wishing you well. xx

I know my hairdresser has had a few TIA's as there is some scarring on her scans of her head. I don't think she is aware of what a TIA is cos she didn't seem very worried about it.

I agree with what everyone else is saying GET YOUR BUM TO THE HOSPITAL!!

get checked over & then let us know how you are x

David, GO to the hospital and text us from there! Really do we need to be forced out of a job, our ability to walk & talk or worse yet life? I want you to go to the hospital, you are being irrational. Life will take care of itself somehow. REALLY it will if you lose you job and health coverage - than you go on disability or find an easier job. WE will retire with nothing anyway! Don't kill yourself over this.mary

Gotta slow down Davey boy. Yes jobs are important for paying the bills but your health is your only true currency. Please look after yourself.

Listen to Paul , he's a medic, don't be playing russian roulette with that BP, get monitored.

I'm hoping that you have been checked out and then please go back home and sit with your wife and have some still time and think about whats important and what you can cut out. You're always racing everywhere , fighting the machine. It's not worth it. You and your wife being happy, that's important. :-D

Since all the ladies are giving you advice, I figured it is time for a guy to chime in and support the message. None of us regret asking for help when we first had our issue, don't change now. Go to the doc and ask for that help. Good luck Dave.

David texted me just now ( 7 am here) he is in the hospital and see neuro today. Yesterday afternoon when he went back to work he said he was not feeling well again and I gave him some ________. Hopefully he got to hospital THAT time and they kept him. Will let you know if I hear any thing.

Mary

Huh that Davey boy is a one, telling me to go to Docs xx

Glad he went and thanks Mary for letting us know xx

David, i'll tell you off later when you are better, now be well and no stress, got it?? xx

God bless

Win xx xx

Hi, Just received a TEXT from Davey,

"Had mini stroke on Tuesday, no brain damage. Some heart damage. Going home tomorrow."

Let's hope they help him and give him some relief now for his on going pain. I have no idea if they did a heart work up.

Maryb