Newly diagnosed - need advice with the type of procedure

Hi everybody!  I have seen my registrar last week and he mentioned  that because of the shape and neck, they will probably consider endovascular treatment,  but still waiting for Consultants meeting to make last decision. Can anybody give me advice please, has anyone had this treatment for ophtalmic segment aneurysm?

Has anybody experienced  burning sensation in the top of your head?

Thank you very much.

Hi Maya,

Good news you have been to see your Registrar and hopefully after the next meeting you will know exactly which way forward is best for you.

Endovascular treatment is coiling and is less invasive than being clipped, so is a positive.

I was clipped, but I am sure others will be able to reassure you about the treatment.

Here is a link below that may help you.

Take care

Tina xx

• Like 1

Hi Maya

I had coiling and as Tina said it is less invasive, I have platinum (I think) coils in my head.

Eyesight has got bad since SAH but then it could be my age ugh 70 no 71 now  omg I am an oldun.

Was 63 nearly 64 when I had my coiling done,  I do not remember a thing phew lol !!

Worth a few bob now ha  xx

Good luck on whatever procedure you have, but on here you get those who were clipped and then others who were coiled.

If you get worried just come on here and talk it out,  I had an itchy and hot head but that was my shunt scar as I had hydrocephalus. Bathed head in salt water as my family swear by it.

Keep Well and I have heard a smile can stop you feeling sad, now how true this is I do not know but glad I had a real fun Mum who always made me smile, fond memories of us getting in trouble xx

Love

Win xxxx

• Like 2

Maya,

Have a good Christmas and  try not to let it spoil Christmas xx (it is okay for me to say it)!!

At least you know they are watching it and whatever happens we have had it also Tina with her clipping and just look at her now xx

Me with my coiling oops better not look too close to me ha  xx

Good luck and as Tina said but in my words keep in touch and any time you feel down come on here and type what is worrying you.

It helps so much this site xx xx

Win xxxxxx

• Like 1

Maya, I had an aneurysm coiled last April. Coiling is much less invasive, my recovery was quick and without incident...... I have had an Angiogram and an MRA since and they look the same (good new) my next MRA is set to be next August. I have one they are watching because of the location and less chance of rupture and I think the size is small, it will be something I will need to do the rest of my days.

I have a good doctor that I thoroughly trust and he is very good in his field. try to think positive and for see the outcome as good,  it helped me. You will be in my thoughts and prayers........please ask if you have any other questions I might help with.

Debbie

• Like 2

Thank you very much Debbie, Tina,Win and everybody  who support through my difficult time.I wish everybody Merry  Christmas  and a Happy  new year.  I am in hospital with my middle  daughter  .She had a chickenpox  and developed complication  she had swollen knee and couldn't walk.I was devastated  as was query  sepsis. I thank the God that she feel a little bit better.I am absolutely  emotionally  drained with all events happening in my life.Thank you very much for listening  me and giving me such support. 

Maya

• Like 2

Maya, just what you don't need at any time of the year. Wishing your daughter a speedy recovery so she can enjoy all the presents she must have received.

Look after yourself too.

Remember we are always here for you.

Merry Christmas and a happy New Year to you as well. Try to enjoy it as much as possible.

• Like 2

Thank you  very much  Super Mario.I wish you a Happy New as well. Thank you very much for all support and encouragement  for the last 2 month.I am stil on my course and manage to do my tutorial which you encourage me to continue . We didn't buy any present  for children  but my husband  decorated very beatifully house and bought a goose which unfortunately  we couldn't eat.

But NHS  is great they gave her so many  presents  she managed to share with little brother. We are lucky in UK here to have NHS and such  skilled doctors. I pray to God the results  come negative  and we can go home. All the best wishes  to all of you and a Happy  New Year.

Maya 

• Like 3