2 years down the line..............

ClareM

Tomorrow  will be my 2 year anniversary but as I have a neuro-psych appointment at 8am followed by work from 9am -6pm, followed by an evening with an old work colleague I thought I would post now. ( I'm exhausted after reading that let alone living it ;)).

I look back over the last 2 years and consider everything that has happened in that period. Some has been good, some happy and a lot sad. I had to leave the job I loved, I lost friends I loved but I kept my life. 

I'm lucky that I now have a job that suits my lifestyle, that causes me minimal stress and I have friends who care about my welfare. Saying that ,  I do miss my old life and all the friends I had in it.

All my losses would not have happened if my brain had not exploded that day. Do I wish I could turn back the clock? Well yes I do in certain respects but no in others.- and seeing as I have no choice in the matter I need to focus on the no's!

I have a family that love me and try and understand the new me.  I have a job that is less stressful in many ways, even though I need to addresss the day to day pressures. I have new friends who understand me as I am now but I do have some old friends who accept the new me too. 

We cannot change our destiny and although I yearn for my old life I am accepting my new life and my new 'normal'.

One of the most positive things in my new life is BTG and all the new friends I have found since being a member. Thank you to everyone who has been with me on my journey, I hope you will all be with me in my future travels.

Clare xx

• Like 12

Hello Clare

Thanks for your frank comments two years on. Well done.

It has been a pleasure seeing your journey develop from these early days when (without looking back at your posts) I can recall that you felt life and work would be getting near normal after six months.

It has been a pleasure reading your posts as you have faced the challenges post SAH and seeing how you have adapted work and  life along the way. 

Your running has remained a big part of your life and I am so glad that you have been able to continue. Often you make me guilty about my modest half hour walk each night when you (and Chris) are pounding the beat!

Well done for your recent travels to Vietnam...a great achievement.

Thanks again for letting us be part of your journey, and best wishes for the next year.

Subs

• Like 6

Congratulations for tomorrow's 2nd anniversary Clare.  Who'd have thought you would manage such a busy, full day just 2 years on from such a huge event - that just shows how far you have come on during those 2 years. Well done.

In all your posts, you always manage to find the positives - that in itself is admirable and not always easy when your world has been turned upside down following a bleed on the brain.

I'm so pleased your change of job turned out to be a good decision - one that suits your lifestyle and has colleagues who accept who you are, as you are.  

It is lovely to have you here on BTG.  Enjoy your evening tomorrow with your friend - 

Sarah

• Like 5

Congratulations Clare on reaching your two year anni-versary.  I've always felt that the first couple of years are perhaps the hardest with the many changes that we have to make. Hope that you enjoy your day and celebrate how much you've achieved. Sending a big hug to you. :) xx

• Like 4

Clare, I agree with Karen in that the first two years are definately the bumpiest post SAH and you have had to make some big adjustments and changes but have done so always trying to find the positive in that.

Well done for all you have achieved since your bleed and remember to take some breaks in your busy day tomorrow. Hope all goes well with the psych appointment 

x

• Like 4

Claire, Congratulations on your 2 year anni-versary,

I hope you have a lovely day and look back and be very proud of what you have achieved,

You have done so well, managing to settle into your new job and getting back to your running, great achievements.

You are an inspiration to a lot of people here at BTG, letting people know that you can still do what you want to as you progress,

You are a lovely lady Claire, I wish you all the very best, 

Enjoy your special day

Love

Michelle xx

• Like 5

Congrats Claire!  You seem at peace with the new you and can properly temper the regrets.  I wish you continued success as you go forward.  You are special to me as you are my fellow runner (though I pale in comparison to you as you run much longer distances).

I appreciate your friendship from afar and pray that the "new you" will continue to flourish with all that is important in your life.

Let's just keep putting one foot in front of the other!

Chris

• Like 6

Well done Clare,

Great to see you so positive and enjoying life to the full again. You have clearly reached Jan's "Adapt" place and done it very well.  Enjoy your day and many more 'anni'versaries to come.

I hope you continue to inspire and be inspired. I guess what I'm trying to say is that you're a great addition to the BTG team/family and it is indeed a privilege to 'know' you!

Good on yer girl!

Macca

• Like 1

Congratulations Clare, There's not a lot more I can add to the above comments, just a great big Thank you for being on BTG and always being here for me. I am 18 months post SAH now. If I can be where you're at in 6 months , that would do for me,?

Love Jan xx

• Like 2

Congrats Clare. You always sound so upbeat & positive in your posts, but I guess it wasn't always that way!

I'm nearly one year on & feel so much better. Hopefully my days will be as full as yours this time next year.

Onwards & upwards to us all?

• Like 1