Questions

Does anyone get headaches or discomfort in the back of their head or where the bleed was?  Does it effect your ears or your eyes at all?  I'm 3 1/2 months out and I find when I don't eat I get all sorts of worrisome issues like these.  Nothing savere but a dull achey feeling.  Thanks

Are you sure it is caused by not eating? It could be caused by not keeping very well hydrated, try drinking lots of water and see if that alleviates the symptoms. Solid food does contain water so that could make you feel better.

Failing that working it would be wise to discuss your concerns with your doctor

Hi,

You tend to get these things in the early days when your body has had enough and it needs to rest.  It is usually a sign of tiredness setting in and is your body's way of telling you to slow down or stop.  In my case these things got better with time and as I got fitter, almost without me realising it. 

What I would say is eat regularly, (little and often, rather than large and far apart) and as Super Mario says, stay hydrated and go to see your doctor if the problems don't recede.

• Like 1

Thank you!  I have major inflammation in my body due to Rhumatoid Arthritis so I was trying to switch to a Gluten free anti inflammatory diet yesterday but went to the extreme.  I definitely ran around too much with appt and trying to find food I could eat.

I'm definitely tired and probably didn't drink enough yesterday at all.  I had a really bad headache last night and it carried over to today but like I said it's more of  a dull ache than throbbing pain but it's one sided and i feel ear and eye pressure due to it.

I have had crazy follow up appts including a cardiologist which I'm getting fitted for a 24 hour heart monitor today for a mitral valve prolapse and heart palpitations, and eye doctor on Friday because I have a hard time seeing right in my contacts.  They now bother me so much but my glasses are fine.  

Then my follow up after my third angiogram Monday the 14th with my neurologist.  So I definitely will bring it up to them.  It just makes me mentally feel sooooooooo much better when someone understands and can relate.  So thank you!!  Drinking water as we speak! 

• Like 2

Hey Kris, I agree with Macca and Mario. It's important to stay hydrated and feed your brain well.

i think of it like this. Our brains run everything and need fuel to be able to do that, as we damaged them we are not as efficient with that fuel usage as lots is also going unseen into the process and energy of healing. 

So lots of small regular meals is a good plan. I keep snacks ( healthy) in my handbag and my car and I also  find that if I am not eating well my fatigue and headache notch up even now.

if you have things that you know don't aggravate your other allergies and contain energy then maybe make sure you have snack options of them on hand throughout the day especially if you have other commitments to deal with 

Thank you Daffodil.....  it definitely was a food/water issue but unfortunately I suffered all day because of my actions.

I was trying to go gluten free and switch to an anti-inflammatory diet to try and get my Rhumatoid Arthritis under control so I don't have to go back on meds.  I went to the extreme and completely depleted myself of what my brain needed.  

Before my SAH, I could detox and try all sorts of things food wise to figure out the trigger with my arthritis but now I obviously cannot.  I found out too that I cannot deplete my body of sugar.  I had some chocolate and drank a ton of water and am feeling better today.  I guess I have to learn to adjust to my new body and how it reacts.  I have to learn to do things in moderation when it comes to food.

In saying all of that......  did any of you guys have prescription changes to glasses/contacts after your SAH?  I swear I don't see correctly anymore.  My glasses are questionable and I absolutely cannot wear my contacts anymore.  Thankfully, I have an eye doctor appointment tomorrow to get check out but am just wondering. Thank you for all your advice and support.  

Hi Kris

my vision changed after my SAH but not to a major extent. I wore my contact lenses soon after coming out of hospital and wear them all the time now. My prescription has changed but that was partly to do with my job and their computers. 

Sometimes these things are just due to ageing but make sure you get it checked out. Let us know how it goes  

clare xx

Thank you Clare!  I literally cannot wait to go to my eye appointment tomorrow!  I'm hoping it's just that my prescription has changed.  I'll keep you posted.  Thanks again!!!!  I appreciate everyone's guidance and input so much!

So the eye doctor said with my glasses I have 20/20 vision and that I have nothing that alarms him in anyway on the neurological front.  

He did say that I have a nastagmous in the left eye when I look to the left which could possibly be from the bleed but he sees them all the time in prerfectly healthly people as well and it just could resolve itself.  

I have to go for new contacts on 9/7.  He said as we get older things change as far as contacts are concerned.  So we'll see what happens then.  

Once again thanks for all your support.  I was relieved to know at least that everything checked out good.  

• Like 2