2 Year Anniversary

Chris G

So it was two years ago today that my bleed happened on an evening run.  I am so thankful for this site and the support, love and sharing that takes place.  I started to thank some specific individuals, but was afraid I would leave someone out inadvertently.  So just let me say to all of you chefs, singers, fellow runners, poets, supporters, admins, brain game players,  and other survivors, THANK YOU for being there for me.

My injury was very minor and my recovery so much easier than many of you, that I remain in awe of the courage and inspiration you exhibit.  I took my run already this morning and smiled as I passed the stop under the small tree where my NASAH finally took me to my knees two years ago.  NOT TODAY, I thought.  I am a survivor with a wonderful support group!

Thanks to you all!

Chris

• Like 5

Chris, congratulations on your 2 year NASAH Anniversary :) 

What a great way to start your special day, with a run,  a smile and such a positive outlook :)

Be very proud of what you have achieved, i know there have been ups and downs along the way. You are an inspiration.

Thank you for being part of our BTG family and for all your caring support & friendship back to other survivors here.

I hope you have a very special day celebrating !

Take care

Love Tina xx 

• Like 2

Chris congratulations on your anniversary.  Time has flown past since you joined us and, as Tina said, what better way to start the day than securing the recovery with running and past the very spot.

You're a valued part of our community and it has been a privilege to go on your journey with you.

• Like 3

Chris, congratulations on your 2 year anniversary, you have come so far and achieved so much in that time, you should be very proud.

You are a survivor you have also been a great support and inspiration to us here at BTG, so thank you for being there.

Hope you have had a great day.

Love 

Michelle xx

• Like 2

Hi Chris, and also a big well done 2 years post SAH.

It has been great to have your input from across the waters and thanks for sharing the good times you have had with your lovely family. Three ladies to keep you right !:)

While you say that you have been fortunate given the good recovery you have made, you have done well to maintain your pressured job and cope with the issues from your bleed.

Wishing you well for the future ...................

Subs

• Like 2

Chris congratulations on your 2 year anniversary from one of your fellow runners.

Our stories have so many similarities starting from when our bleeds happened and since then you have followed me on a similar path. I hope your latest quest for new employment works in your favour and that you find happiness in your job.

. Our injuries were anything but minor and our recoveries have been major. It's not what caused the bleed but the damge that it caused. We have both overome many difficulties and got back to our love of running, something you should be immensely proud of! Lets keep knocking out those miles/kilometers on either side of the 'pond' and raise a glass to each other.

Well done my fellow Georgian runner xx

Clare xx

• Like 2

Chris, we are fortunate to have you amongst us as your words are always kind reassuring and helpful to others and it's great you took the time in your own recovery to also try to help others not feel so alone which be fair we all feel after our respective bleeds.

i love the fact you are back to running and you get to 'nod' near the tree when you feel to your knees. But you got back up since then and recrafted yourself and adapted to changes. Well done ! 

Hope its its a good fall full of beautiful colours for running and that you keep improving.

• Like 2

Hi Chris,

Congratulations.  In my humble opinion, there is no such thing as a minor injury when it comes to brains, because it is at the core of everything we say and do.  You have fought your battle with the right attitudes, with courage and with a positive outlook, so very well done in getting to this milestone.

• Like 3