Hi I suffered a subarachnoid haemmorage on 24th Sept. it started with a headache on the 23rd after work  Went to bed about 8pm that evening and gave no recollection of the next 20+ hours!!!

Got up for work next morning, left house usual time of around 730/745 returned home around 1pm confused and as covered in vomit, had bumped into someone's car miles from where I should have been and made several calls to work colleagues telling them I was on way but lost!

Family knew something was wrong and phoned hospital, where I attended then transferred to a further hospital who had a neurosurgical dept!! I only know what happened during my vacant time through recent conversations with family and people who saw me on the 24th. 

I'm finding it difficult to comprehend how I have no memory of the day and being able to drive around for 5 hours!!! 

Hello Ann and a very warm welcome to BTG.

You are very early in your recovery process and it is good that you have found this site so soon.  While we do not give medical advice, there is a wealth of information within the various forums which will help you understand how others have coped following SAH. Also our members will try and answer any questions you may have.

Each recovery road is unique as SAH has so many degrees of severity and the after effects of the brain trauma such as fatigue, headaches, memory loss, reaction in a crowded  area, a  degree of personality change, irritability, inability to process too much noise; affect different people in different ways.

It is so important to accept  at the outset, that recovery is a lengthy process. The first six months is a time not to rush into trying to get back to normality.  Your brain and body need time to heal and adjust... if you ignore any signs that you are pushing yourself too much... you will find your brain reacting to let you know it`s time to rest.

You cannot rush to get back to work... and you will need much support and understanding from your close family members and your employer.

So in these early months you are finding out how things are following SAH and dealing with the challenges as they arise.  This site and it`s members will help you through this journey by relating from their own experiences.

I wish you well as you begin that journey.  Please continue to share your journey with us. For example what type of treatment did you receive while in hospital?

Subs

• Like 1

Hi Ann

Warm welcome to the site so pleased you found us...

they day I had my SAH is a complete blurr to me even now, 

Your early in the recovery take things easy keep hydrated,   And most of all know that you are not alone in the way you feel..

hope you find the site helpful..

take care

• Like 1

Hi Ann,

I had an SAH and I remember nothing until shunt was put in to stop hydrocephalus.

Welcome to BTG and hope talking about it can help in some way as a trouble shared and so on xx 

I was cooking a curry when I passed out and after that it was like being in cuckoo land  xx

You will get there but take it easy and others say drink water, it helps our brain xxx  

Good luck on your recovery and keep away from sad stories, a smile is much better xx 

• Like 1

Hi Ann

Welcome to BTG glad you have found us. I remember arriving at the hospital after collapsing on a run and being told  I had had a bleed. I was given painkillers and then remember next to nothing for 3 days. I was awake and speaking in that time but have little recollection. My daughter likes to amuse me by telling tales of things I said.

Very early days for you, rest and drink plenty of water. Take your time to look around the site there is a wealth of useful information here.

Take care and keep us posted on your recovery.

Clare xx

11 hours ago, subzero said:

Hello Ann and a very warm welcome to BTG.

You are very early in your recovery process and it is good that you have found this site so soon.  While we do not give medical advice, there is a wealth of information within the various forums which will help you understand how others have coped following SAH. Also our members will try and answer any questions you may have.

Each recovery road is unique as SAH has so many degrees of severity and the after effects of the brain trauma such as fatigue, headaches, memory loss, reaction in a crowded at area, a  degree of personality change, irritability, inability to process too much noise; affect different people in different ways.

It is so important to accept  at the outset, that recovery is a lengthy process. The first six months is a time not to rush into trying to get back to normality.  Your brain and body need time to heal and adjust... if you ignore any signs that you are pushing yourself too much... you will find your brain reacting to let you know it`s time to rest.

You cannot rush to get back to work... and you will need much support and understanding from your close family members and your employer.

So in these early months you are finding out how things are following SAH and dealing with the challenges as they arise.  This site and it`s members will help you through this ourney by relating from their own experiences.

I wish you well as you begin that journey.  Please continue to share your journey with us. For example what type of treatment did you receive while in hospital?

Subs

Thank you, I had coils put into aneurysm so op was done via groin. 

6 hours ago, Louise said:

Hi Ann

Warm welcome to the site so pleased you found us...

they day I had my SAH is a complete blurr to me even now, 

Your early in the recovery take things easy keep hydrated,   And most of all know that you are not alone in the way you feel..

hope you find the site helpful..

take care

Thank you 

37 minutes ago, ClareM said:

Hi Ann

Welcome to BTG glad you have found us. I remember arriving at the hospital after collapsing on a run and being told  I had had a bleed. I was given painkillers and then remember next to nothing for 3 days. I was awake and speaking in that time but have little recollection. My daughter likes to amuse me by telling tales of things I said.

Very early days for you, rest and drink plenty of water. Take your time to look around the site there is a wealth of useful information here.

Take care and keep us posted on your recovery.

Clare xx

Thank you so much for the welcome  xx