Sicknesses more severe after NASAH?

I am seven months out from NASAH. Currently have a bacterial sinus infection. On antibiotics but I’ve been hit hard and illness is taking longer than usual to resolve. I’ve stayed home for 5 days, laying low, lots of water and rest. Still feeling pretty sick. 

Anybody else find it takes longer to get over an illness? I know I’ve been pushing too hard at work this semester. 

Thanks!

Hi, I don't think it takes longer to get over illness post sah, it's probably just a culmination of pushing too hard on top of an infection. Sinus infections can go on for a long time, if it's still not resolved maybe you need more anti-biotics.

When you get back to work, take it easy and stop pushing so hard. 7 months is still early days, try and cut back a bit and then maybe you won't get low and pick up infections.

Hope you are on the mend soon xx

Hi VG

i don’t think I can say I’m worse post SAH but like most things I don’t have the cognitive Reserves I did previously so it makes sense if you pick a bug up it then makes things seem even harder. That’s not me speculating that’s fact based on my damage incurred. It’s like I can never recharge my batteries fully. 

My advice? Give yourself a break. You are ill right now, so tend to that, eat well, get extra rest and adjust how you pace yourself ,at work , at home your new normal of pace will need reigning in if your reserves are low, cut some things out and put more pause in. Yes your ego may not like it but your health and brain will.

Hope you shift the infection fast.  

Agrees with others VG, slowly does it xx

Count yourself lucky we are survivors and everything is slower in our lives.  We may not like it but it is better for us in the long run.

Look after yourself and do not stress too much, when possible think happy thoughts and songs.

I say that but before Christmas I let loose at my hubby and a few bleep words came out lol ..and I wonder why I never got a diamond ring ha ha.

Cheer up and I read when you smile a real smile tears cannot get through xxxx

Be well xxxxxxxxxxx

I like what you said Daffodil...about never fully recharging your batteries...That sums up what I feel exactly...

No matter how much I rest or sleep I still run out of energy early like my battery never reached 100%...I am dealing with it learning to respect it...having just hit 8 months I have learned a lot but am thinking I will learn more as time goes on...

Since I had my SAH followed up with a severe vasospasm I haven't been just sick such as a virus or infection...my physical therapist thinks I may struggle with some dizziness/balance issues if or when it happens...Time will tell and again I will learn more of how my body works now..

Me again VG !! ha 

I went to bed last night and as I turned I felt really dizzy, so called out for my Hubs as one does. 

Told him and turned back over and slept through until 8 am this morning took pills and went back to bed until 10.30 am ahh great sleep.

Hope Swishy and you VG are both feeling better xxxxx

Archived