Greetings

Daughter of Zion

I am excited to have found this forum. I am a 48 year old female. I had SAH on 10/2/13.... got an aneurysm repair with clipping on the left side of my  head. 

4 months ago I started having  recurrent facial swelling and droopy eye when I am fatigued. When they did the repair they left a 5mm opening in my skull. I have a bulged on my left temple that is sore sometimes.

i am worried...

I would advise you to go to your doctor and report all this to them, that's if you haven't already.  No wonder your worried, with things like this it's always best to go and have it checked out, even if it's just for your own peace of mind. Yesterday my temperature kept rising and falling (I was so afraid it meant my sepsis was back, so my partner rang my neuronurse who was so understanding about it all and put my fears to rest, she also said if I felt it was getting worse come to see her immediately and she could get my bloods seen to straight away, neuro teams are pretty understanding about this kind of thing, I'm sure they would prefer to be told something like this, so please do. 

And by the way ,welcome to the site(so sorry, I maybe should have started with that, I was just so concerned for your health). It's excellent that you managed to find this great support forum, there is a wealth of information and experience on here. I don't know where I'd be without it

Thank you... for the welcome.

I went to the Neurosurgeon and  he ordered an MRI with contrast  and it showed that I had a cyst on the left eyelid and that the aneurysm clip was intact. He referred me to my medical doctor who put me on antibiotics and the cyst resolved. I have been resting more. The swelling occurs when I am fatigued..

I had a cyst as well, mine was in my brain, and became active because of all the bleeding and messing about in there.  So they decided to remove it, as it was on the same path as my aneurysm anyway. Well I'm glad your resting more. It's best to try and avoid getting fatigued, when I first had my SAH I was having regular naps throughout the day to avoid overdoing it, it really does help.

Archived