UK government consultation on Blue badges

The government are looking to possibly extend the blue badges parking scheme to those with hidden  disabilities which may include those with brain injuries , fatigue, cognitive or memory challenges . 

If you want to be part of consultation you can find our more and how to give views https://www.gov.uk/government/consultations/blue-badge-disabled-parking-scheme-eligibility-review/blue-badge-scheme-consultation-on-eligibility

Would you use a blue badge? I wonder if I would welcome it somedays when I’m too tired to park anywhere or know that a day out means adding travel to walk and park at the end of it so may mean I choose not to go, but then again I wouldn’t want to take  a space from someone who is less physically able as I can walk even if I need stick some days. Just figure everywhere would need to double spaces!! 

That report is not totally correct, it says that blue badge holders can park free in carparks. In our area all the badge does is allow you to park in a wider space but we still have to pay. Same at our hospital, there is a designated carpark with wider spaces but the same fees apply as to the other carparks.

I do agree that the scheme should be extended but the number of blue badge parking spaces will have to be increased, something I can't see happening.

I have a blue badge and yes still have to pay.

Daff I'm like you I feel I'm taking the space but as we know not every day is the same and sometimes I'm greatful to be only a short walk away and not miles back to our car.

• 2 months later...

Archived