Fourteen Years Later

Super Mario

Today it is 14 years since my brain decided to play silly devils.

After an initial struggle to come to terms with what had happened and many months of recovery I now have a good life.

It may have knocked my sense of balance and memory off kilter but I look on it as doing me a big favour in the long term. Positive thoughts. ;)

Yes, I know I have to use a walking frame but that hasn't stopped me enjoying life, I look on it as my bit of independence.

I was unable to go back to my profession due to the balance problems but I eventually made a new life for myself that I enjoy. Unable to do most of my housework (something I hated but necessary) I now have a cleaner. In fact I do very little in the house. I spend most of my time doing things I enjoy doing.

I can travel when I want, no adhering to a set holiday routine and I do love to travel, exploring different cultures, Europe only though because of insurance costs, but so what, I am following a dream of my younger years. 

Initially I thought that the SAH was the end of the world, my opinion on that gradually changed and I now see it as a positive event in most ways.

The message here is, look on the positive and not the negative. Your life is what you make it in spite of possible difficulties, there is always a way round them.

I have gone on to make a good life for myself, you can too.

Happy Anni-Versary  Super - you're certainly and inspiration for people who may think that their life is over or crave for the person pre SAH/NASAH.  You're living proof that life does go on and, indeed, can be better than it was before.

Here's to many more journeys and experiencing many more cultures xxx

Happy Anni-versary Super! I'm sure that your travel adventures have inspired many a SAH'er to bite the bullet and go for it too! 

Have a lovely day and thank you for all of your help and support over the years. xx

Happy 14th year Anni-versary  Super Mario :) Thank you for sharing your uplifting positive post, you really are an inspiration to so many lovely lady :) 

Here's to many more travels ! Hope you have a wonderful day celebrating life  :) 

Love Tina xx

HAPPY 14TH ANNI-VERSARY 

Super Mario.

You are certainly an inspirational lady, you have not let this unwanted event hold you back, as you say you have made a new lovely life for yourself and have found different ways of doing things, long may you continue to enjoy your travel and enjoy all you experience doing so.

Hope you are having a lovely day.

Love

Michelle xx 

Happy Anni~versary Super,

The one who is always there for me to delete my mess ups lol xxx

Glad you are here xx  (selfish Win) xxxx 

Thanks for all you do Super and it has been a pleasure to know you xxxx and keep that positivity xxxx

Love

Win xxxxxxxxxxx  Many more Anni~versary's to celebrate  XXXX I'll sing later lol j/kidding xxxxxx

Happy 'Anni'versary SuperMario!  Have a great day and thanks for posting such a positive outlook!

Life is about making the most of your opportunities, and after a SAH they change, but they are still opportunities!

I travel too, short haul and long haul and having had a SAH, it makes me appreciate seeing the world even more!

14 year Anni-versary and your post clearly defines what an excellent life you have made and faced all lost through this event in such a positive manner.  Long may your travels continue and oh a cleaner would be  wonderful xx

Thank you,  that was a really lovely post to read, very uplifting. I haven't even reached my first anni'versary yet, but I do hope when I reach my 14th I can be just as positive as you about it all.

Archived