8 years.......

Janey c

June 10th marked my 8 years and what a time.... for the first time in 8 years I if not even think about it until I went to bed that night. Too busy having a good, the good weather meant family bbq and water fights. Still progressing massively at times and progress slow at other times.

I have currently been living alone and mostly independently for 4 years.  and have just passed the 1 year mark of returning to my much loved pre sah career of nursing which is amazing in itself. After trying for really long time and too many interviews to count i finally found a clinically based job that was suitable and a manager seeing my still current and relevant skill set and willing to take a chance on me. 

Congratulations one eight years post SAH Janey. 

Well done on persevering all these years and finally finding  a job and an employer sympathetic to your own stage in recovery.

Accepting that you have to settle for what you are able to do rather than what you were very capable at doing before SAH is never easy and most survivors face this dilemma at some stage in their recovery.

Thanks for sharing  and best wishes in the days … years ahead.

Subs

Congratulations on your 8 years and getting the job and of course the living alone because I don't think even after 16 years I would/could live alone I have my children so don't have to worry yet (will deal with it when the time comes) xxx

Archived