Jump to content

Dawny

Members
  • Posts

    8
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Reputation

25 Excellent

Recent Profile Visitors

84 profile views
  1. Thank you so much subzero and Tina. Your kind thoughts and wishes mean so much. Yes that is a very good point about people close to me. I will be positive and strong for them too. Great advice, I will focus on that moment! I must remember how lucky I am that they have been so thorough monitoring me and making sure I am safe. Looking forward to sharing the good news in August. Thanks again everyone. your replies are much appreciated.
  2. Thank you Kathy and Louise, appreciate it. Good tip about the hydration - i will make extra effort. All being well I will come back and share my experience.
  3. Hi everyone I hope you are all keeping well. I have a date now and am having this procedure in August so feeling nervous but also relieved. Although the nervousness is taking over at the moment! I have to go for the pre-op assessment next week so it will become very real then. They have said that it will only be a one night stay after. I’m wondering if the recovery is easier for this without the bleed this time. It certainly seems to be from what I’ve read on here. I’m just trying to hold on to what I read here that when you wake up you no longer have it hanging over you and can put it all behind you. That is what I am trying to focus on. Any other advice or experience will be gratefully received! Thanks in advance.
  4. Thank you Daffodil, that has been a great comfort. It must be very different as I only need to stay in for one night! I hope your check up went okay. I know how you feel about the scans although it’s good they are being so thorough and monitoring.
  5. Hi again everyone. Just a quick update. So after the telephone appointment in April the consultant said they would chase up with the team as they realise I needed a date but that a realistic timeframe may be the Autumn. Soon after I got a telephone appointment slot with the surgeon for yesterday. He said I needed to have the coiling with a stent and what were my commitments in the coming weeks?! I was a bit taken aback as wasn’t expecting so soon and just in the midst of moving house. So in the end they suggested August. I hope I’ve done the right thing. He said I have waited this long so one more month shouldn’t make a difference. I just need to mentally prepare myself as I couldn’t go straight from moving to hospital without a break in between. So relieved and terrified in equal measure. He said the stent would be more secure and would divert the blood away but I would need to take medication.
  6. Hi everyone, just to say thank you all so much for the lovely and helpful replies. It really means so much and has made me feel much better and reassured. I will go through each one again in detail (still takes me a while to retain information!) but just wanted to say how grateful I am to read all your responses and for the lovely welcome. 😊
  7. Hi again, I thought I would try again to see if I could perhaps get one reply. It was my first time posting and took a lot of courage for me to do so. I know that this is a friendly and welcoming place from what I have read in the past and in response to other posters so hope someone will be able to respond in some way. I have received a letter for a telephone appointment next month so hopefully I will know more then as well. Thank you for reading and hopefully replying!
  8. Hi everyone Firstly, I want to thank everyone for sharing their experiences and personal stories. I have many a time taken comfort and hope from reading posts on here but have never felt brave enough to post before. Apologies in advance if my first attempt is too long! I had a SAH caused by a small 2mm ruptured aneurysm in 2013. Thanks to the amazing medical team and surgeon who performed the coiling I survived. It has been a long journey and my life is completely different now but I have adapted as best I can. I have been regularly monitored with scans yearly or bi-yearly with minor neck residual fill detected and monitored, until a larger change in size/fill coil compaction was detected in 2019. After an angiogram to look more closely in November 2019 my consultant decided that I should have a recoiling due to be scheduled for March/April 2020. He said at the time there would be less risk doing the procedure than not. He also said if it was urgent they would not have let me out of the room. Then obviously it has been delayed due to COVID, which I fully understand. It is classed as elective surgery so therefore I assume not ‘urgent’. Although a telephone consultation with a neurologist I have never met (standing in for my usual) said it should be done within months not years. I have been trying not to worry and have had a call with the nurse who though it may be rescheduled in Sept/Oct 2020 until this third wave, which I know has hit the hospitals really badly, especially my hospital. It’s so strange, originally I was terrified by the prospect of another recoiling and was thinking I didn’t know if I could go through with it but now I can’t have it I feel very differently! I manage fine most of the time but then get a wave of panic wondering how much at risk I actually am now, at what stage does it become urgent, and what I would do if it happened again. I assumed that would be it and I would be unlikely to survive a second bleed but have read other experiences where thankfully this was not the case. I would be so grateful to hear of anyone’s experiences, opinions or replies in any capacity. I understand every situation is different and how long is a piece of string etc... Thank you for reading and thanks in advance for any replies.
×
×
  • Create New...