Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...


By registering with us, you'll be able to view our forums in full as well as discuss, share and private message other members of Behind The Gray. Why not join us now?


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

4 Neutral

About Im4miracles

  • Rank
  • Birthday 22/10/1968

Profile Information

  • Gender
  • Location
  • Interests
    Swimming and cooking!

Recent Profile Visitors

110 profile views
  1. Sorry I am just now getting to this. My husband and I just celebrated our 27th wedding anniversary on Friday the 21st. We were away for two days! ? I am taking offense! However I will not fuss at you because I know you are only trying to help. However, do let me ask this.... So I am psyschologically making my headaches happen? HOW and WHY would I do that? Let's see...I am very healthy, I have a stroke. I am taken good care of in the hospital then once I am released, I am ON MY OWN! I was told I would have backaches and headaches. They could last 1 week, 1 month, or up to 1 year or more. You can't take NSAIDS but you can take Tylenol that won't help your headaches. I'm done taking care you. Contact your Primary Care provider (PCP). PCP has never taken care of a stroke patient so she says contact your neuro doc. I contact my neuro doc. Go to ER. I don't need to go to ER. The headaches aren't bad like they were the night of the stroke. I just need help getting the headaches to subside. So I FINALLY go to ER knowing I didn't need to. They find nothing wrong and now Neuro doc says "sorry". I can't help you! So I am suppose to see a COUNSELOR to help me psychologically? I am flipping ticked off because no one seems to care about me now. I lived through the hospital stay, they are done with me! They get rid of me by telling me to go to the emergency room or seeing my PCP. They don't want to deal with me now. Wouldn't you be upset too? You are having troubles and NOBODY wants to help! Mr. I do not have a psychological problem. I have headaches that come and go and they bother me! I do try and not think about them. I am working!! Taking back 7-20 patients a day! Taking phone calls, doing physician referrals. Then there is coming home, cooking dinner and cleaning my house, doing laundry and taking care of my 4 kids and my husband! So I need a counselor to tell me I am psychologically causing my headaches??? These headaches have been on and off for 12 days now. They are not as bad as the night of the stroke. They are very bothersome though. They went away for about 2 weeks but for the last 12 days, they are here. I have high blood pressure EVERY NIGHT too. So let's see, I am psychologically making that happen too? Yea, I want headaches and high blood pressure. I have nothing better to do than to get these and bug the doctors to help me?! I was very healthy prior to my stroke. I did NOT have high blood pressure. I did NOT have diabetes. The ONLY problem I did have was high cholesterol and that was CONTROLLED with medication! I do not see counselors. I do not need a human telling me their take on how I should handle my problems. I have an AWESOME CREATOR up in HEAVEN, He is my counselor. Not a human here on earth! I have problems, that is for sure, but making myself have high blood pressure and headaches?! I don't think so. So let me ask you this, I am having pain in my right arm (so bad that I can't straighten (Stretch) ), leg and hip. Is that psychological too? Then there is swelling in my hands, arms and legs. I can FEEL them swelling. I seem to be pretty good at making my blood pressure high and giving myself headaches. So maybe I am psychologically making it all happen. NO. Check this out. https://www.stroke.org.uk/sites/default/files/pain_after_stroke.pdf Like I said, I do have problems and I do have a psychiatrist and he prescribes me medication. I was taking 2 medications for about 7 years. The Neurosurgeons stated THOSE were the cause of my STROKE. The SSRI's (Abilify and Wellbutrin). So the Neurosurgeons made me stop taking them. I don't feel any different being off of them. I might go back to the Psychiatrist but I will NOT EVER see a counselor! You see, I tried to harm myself three times in 2011 (well, I didn't "try", I did harm myself). I got nowhere with counselors. I went thousands of MILES with God above!! He is my ALMIGHTY COUNSELOR! I know you were only trying to help but that was of no help at all! ?
  2. I am not necessarily stressed but I do feel I am over doing it. I tried to tell the doctor I wasn't ready to go to work but he said there was no reason not to go back. I gradually went back but apparently it was still too much. The headaches were gone but they returned. So that could be from doing too much. I am frustrated because he doesn't seem to want to do anything and neither does my primary care doc. I feel left alone in something I know NOTHING about unless I read it online or what I have learned from you all. I feel like I've been dumped! They keep telling me to go to the ER because they don't want to deal with me. So yesterday I did and when I called to tell him, I had to call the hospital and have my own ER visit records faxed to him. I was told my his staff that they will review my records and IF they feel I need to be seen, THEY will call me to schedule an appointment. Did I mention that last week I called about the headaches and they said they would refer me to a neurologist for the headaches. They did and my appointment is not until 11/5! ?. So I asked what am I supposed to so about the headaces until then. Go to ER was the response. I knew I didn't need the ER but I went anyway. Of course they did a CT. It was normal, as I expected. So that was a waste of time AND cost me $100. I call about the headaches because Ibuprofen helped them but they told me I can't take that. No NSAIDS because of them thinning the blood. Tylenol doesn't work for these headaches. So I have NO relief. I don't know what to do. I can't go on pretending or ignoring them. It's not getting me anywhere but depression. Then my left side is starting to be painful. Arm and leg. I can feel the swelling happening all over my body. Blood pressure is very high. For me anyway. 170/120 is VERY high. I am usually under 120/80. And my memory is crazy too! Maybe I am stressed. Because of the doctor. I have never been through this. I don't know what is normal and what is not. Unless I read it online. I just want to sleep/hide under a rock. I am trying to ignore that and keep myself busy. Very emotional right now.
  3. I am in ER to make sure evetything is ok. I am doing too much. I didn't want to go back to work yet but I had to. Getting ready to have CT scan. Michelle
  4. I know you all can't give medical advice but I am going to ask what I need to ask and then we will see what can be said. My NASAH was 7/29/2018. I started back to work on 9/6/2018. Things were going really good. Headaches WERE not existent. Then for the last 8 days now, I am getting a headache every day. They aren't bad but they are very bothersome to have on and off daily. Why would I go a couple of weeks without them and then all of the sudden I have them this often?? I called my Neurosurgeon about them. I was told I cannot take ANY NSAIDS (including Ibuprofen). I can only take Tylenol. That doesn't touch these headaces AT ALL! If I ever got a migraine (which was MAYBE 1 or 2 a year) I would take an over the counter Migraine medication. Now, I am not allowed to take that because it has aspirin in it. I can't take Ibuprofen. They REFUSE to give me anything to help but did refer me to a Neurologist. That appointment isn't until 11/5/2018. I asked what I was supposed to do about the headaches until then. I was told I was not going to get anything prescribed until then and IF the Neurologist decides to do so! Then the Neurosurgeons office told me to call my Primary Care Doctor. She will not do anything because she does not know what to give me after the stroke and not allowed to have NSAIDS. WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO DO??? I CANNOT wait until November to get headache relief!! Next, does anyone have blood pressure trouble after the NASAH? Mine use to be great. around 120/80 or so. Now, it is TERRIBLE! It seems to be worse at night. Tonight I took it and it was 160/120!! I am taking Verapamil for a few more weeks to help control Blood pressure but is it really working? I can feel the swelling in my body. When I call, they tell me to go to the ER. I am blown away by this. It seems to me that they don't care! The headaches aren't bad enough (like they were when the stroke happened) to go to the ER. I told them I can't run to the Emergency Room everytime I get a headache! UGH! A few weeks ago, I got a 2nd opinion on my NASAH and my Meningioma with another Neurosurgeon. So I called them about the headaches and they too told me to go to the ER. This lady said with the intermittent headaches that I could have another bleed. I thought you had to have "the worst headache of your life" to worry about having another bleed? I am so tired, my left arm and both thighs are so achy, I can't drive with my left arm as it is so "tired". I thought it was due to holding my iPad but now I am beginning to wonder. I have on and off nausea and sore neck. But all this is intermitten. I am so upset that these providers don't seem to care! They just want to brush me off to the ER. Then when nothing is wrong, I am going to look foolish for rushing to the emergency room for nothing and rack up bills by going foolishly. Any help you can suggest without giving Medical Advice (if that is possible) would be greatly appreciated. Michelle
  5. I am telling ya, it is my Human Resources person causing it. And my doctor caving in to the rep. I work with elderly patients. I am just so worried that IF a patient were to fall or something and I was needed to catch them or something. Do I catch them and risk putting that pressure on the brain or let them fall? I still get headaches as well. They are liveable but I still get them. The backache's are bad at times but again, liveable. I did go to work Thursday and Friday - all day, last week. I did fine. I was a bit scared but did pretty good. They said (in my medical records) That the bleed wasn't "bad". So I guess they thought I didn't need to be off any longer. I don't know! I was so upset with the HR rep that I went looking for another job. I have that interview today. It is 13 miles closer to my home. No highway driving BUT the pay is about $1.50 LESS. So I am not sure if I want this job or not. One "good" thing is... Since December 2017, everytime I would vomit, I would get those headaches that felt like I was getting hit in the head with a hammer. Thursday the 6th, I ate my lunch and for some reason, it made me sick. When I was vomiting, NO headache or ANY PAIN in my head! So just maybe it healed itself. As the Docs did nothing to the bleed because when they did the angiogram, they could not find the source or place of the bleed. I did not have an aneurysm. So I guess that is also why they thought it was ok for me to go back to work.
  6. I already used what time I had while I was in the hospital. The blood in my spinal fluid has moved to my back now, I guess. I have terrible back pain in my lower back. Headache for 2 days. He does have me gradually returning. 2 days this week, three days next week, then 4 and then finally, a full week. I have yet to hear from the wonderful (sarcastically speaking) HR rep to know if he has approved my return.
  7. I called my doctor asking if I could have more time off. They said NO! ???. I have no restrictions, therefore I must go to work. I do not want to go back yet. There is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING I can do about it. ?
  8. Thank you everyone! I greatly appreciate all the comments! I went to my 2nd opinion Neurosurgeon today. She was really nice. She said everything looked good. The tumor is a Meningioma, as I already knew that. She said probably the difference in size from 2011 to 2018 was because one MRI was with contrast (2018) and one was without contrast(2011). She said the contrast will make it look bigger than a non contrast view. Repeating MRI in 1 year was sufficient! As as far as returning to work, she said it was ok to return to work in just a month after a non aneurysmal SAH. with No restrictions and working immediately full 40 hours. That didn’t settle well with me. I hurried up, got out of there and call my first treating Neurosurgeon. I had to leave message. I told them, I was not going to return to work first week at 40 hours and I required restrictions. I said to them, HR rep was being unreasonable and I needed restrictions and gradual return. They called me back and said there was no need for restrictions but I could gradually increase work hours in 2 days, 3 days, 4 days and then to 5 day work week in a 4 week time frame. They were going to tell me what days I could work. I immediately stopped them and said NO, I WILL CHOSE MY OWN DAYS! This Medical Assistant said she has tried 4 times to get ahold of the HR rep and he is not answering her calls. ?. Also she is giving in to his laziness. He refuses to go to the other building to retrieve faxes. I CANNOT BELIEVE that this day and time that there are no other fax machines he could use to get faxes while in this other building! He states that he would have to email someone to check this fax machine and email it to him! ?. We have these things called telephones that you can use to instantly talk to someone. Ya know the one that I cannot lift because it might harm Me! ? When I go back Tuesday next week, I will not take patients back. I am ONLY going to do paper work. If they don’t like it, tough. This is MY life, I will do what I see fit for me. I NEED TO BE HERE for my four kiddos! Not this job! Of course my manger , coworkers and doctors I work for have NO problems with this. It is just this HR person? Michelle
  9. Hi Everyone. Sorry for this being so long. I am so distraught, betrayed and scared. 7/29/2018, I had a SAH. WAS IN HOSPITAL FOR 11 DAYS. I went to follow up with Neurosurgeon 8/23/2018. My husband was with me so I wouldn’t forget what I was told. The Doctor told me I could return to work with restrictions AND he wanted me to start out 2 days one week, 3 days the next week, 4 days the week after that and then finally work full time. So on the next day, he faxed my restrictions to my HR rep. I wasn’t aware if it had been faxed yet so I waited. Monday comes around, I call HR REP, He says he didn’t receive the fax. Then he proceeds to tell me that the fax machine is in another building and it would be too much trouble to get it. So I have the office fax copy to me. I don’t receive it and I call Doctors office. They were closed. HR rep wanted restrictions emailed to him. Doctors office couldn’t do that. So next day in order to fax HR rep my work restrictions, I HAVE TO go into work. Have restrictions faxed to me then I email to HR rep. So after I email to him, he calls my doctor’s office to tell them restrictions were “too strict”! I am Medical Assistant for Geriatric patients. Occasionally we have to help patients get up to get weighed. So choice of restrictions listed on form cannot lift 0-10 lbs or 11-20lbs, etc. Doc said NOTHING OVER 5 lbs. however that wasn’t an option on this form. So HR rep calls me and says he can’t accept restrictions because it says I can’t bend over, stoop down or stretch arms over head. So since it says 0-10 lbs no lifting restrictions, HR rep says I CANNOT LIFT THE PHONE RECEIVER, because it is more than 0 lbs. Also can’t answer phones because I would have to Stretch to get to phone. I couldn’t call and do referrals because I would have to stretch to make phone calls !!!!!!!! So they send me home. HR rep calls Doctors office and tells them it has to be changed. My Doctor wasn’t in until late the next day (Wednesday 8/29). I had migraine with nausea. I slept most of the day. I go to call Doctors office and they are closed for day. Thursday 8/30 rolls around. Doctors office calls me stating ALL RESTRICTIONS have been REMOVED! ??. WHAT, really?? My Doctors office said there was no need for restrictions and I needed to back to work immediately FULL TIME! REALLY? How do we go from not lifting no more than 5 lbs, no bending, stooping, etc and gradually increased work hours?? Why did he tell my husband and I one thing in the room and change them AFTER HR rep states restrictions are “too strict”?? I still get migraines at least 2 times a week and they last MOST of the day. I don’t have anything that helps relieve them. So I sleep it away. I feel my Doctor buckled under pressure from the HR rep. I don’t feel I can trust him or the HR rep. I have NO clue what to do. There is no way I can work 4 days (32 hours) next week (4 because of Labor Day) after being off 4 weeks after my Stroke (SAH). I am in tears thinking about it and feel stressed out. So much so, I went looking for another job. I don’t know what that is going to do but I am hurt and mad. I feel betrayed by the HR rep and my Doctor ! The Doctors and HR rep wanted me to come to work starting 8/31. However I said no, that it can wait until Tuesday of next week (after Labor Day). I didn’t tell them I have an appointment with a different Neurosurgeon 8/31. So I am praying they will help me. I am going to different Neurosurgeon because I was also told I have a tumor on the back of my brain. 1st Neurosurgeon said it was no big deal. Slow growing. Recheck in 1 year. Uh, NO, I don’t think so. So that is why I am getting 2nd opinion. According to notes on MRI where this tumor was noted, radiologist said compared to MRI in 2011 this tumors has SIGNIFICANTLY increased in size. I also read some people are having severe sweating. Me too. Sitting in chair, freezing with jacket on next thing you know, I have fan on me. One thing I haven’t had chance to look up yet is ringing in both ears. CONSTANT since SAH. Anyone else? Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Michelle
  • Create New...