Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hello!

By registering with us, you'll be able to view our forums in full as well as discuss, share and private message other members of Behind The Gray. Why not join us now?

Sharon72

Members
  • Content Count

    3
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

0 Neutral

About Sharon72

  • Rank
    Newbie
  1. Hi everyone! My name is Sharon, I am 46 and had subarachnoid hemorhage 4 months due to a ruptured aneurysm. They coiled two of them but I have one left that is only suitable to clipping, due to its irregular shape, I think. The neurosurgeon said it is half of 1% a year that it would rupture and 3 to 5% of something going wrong in operation. The other aneurysm that ruptured was only 3mm ( they not sure which one) and this remaining one is also only 3mm so he said he can't guarantee that in the coming years it won't rupture, and my life long expectancy. And no point in monitoring it because of this. So the decision is mine to make on whether I can live with it and take the chance or get it clipped , the neurosurgeon said he is willing to do the clipping soon if I come to the decision to go ahead with operation. Has anyone here had to make a similar decision? Or had clipping of an unruptured aneurysm? I am so afraid. Thanks for reading my post. Sharon x
×
×
  • Create New...