Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'recoiling'.
Hi again everyone As the date draws closer for my procedure, on Weds 11th August, I just wanted to thank everyone who posted about theirs and who has been supportive and helpful throughout. I took great comfort in reading people’s posts before the op, and the natural anxiety and apprehension, but the relief to read the ‘hi everyone I’m back and recovering’ posts is something I’m holding on to and looking forward to being able to post myself soon! I had the pre-op tests a couple of weeks ago. Then I have to go for COVID-19 swabs tomorrow, isolation at home until I go in for the op on Wednesday. Please keep me in your thoughts and send virtual positive vibes on the day! xx
Hi everyone Firstly, I want to thank everyone for sharing their experiences and personal stories. I have many a time taken comfort and hope from reading posts on here but have never felt brave enough to post before. Apologies in advance if my first attempt is too long! I had a SAH caused by a small 2mm ruptured aneurysm in 2013. Thanks to the amazing medical team and surgeon who performed the coiling I survived. It has been a long journey and my life is completely different now but I have adapted as best I can. I have been regularly monitored with scans yearly or bi-yearly with minor neck residual fill detected and monitored, until a larger change in size/fill coil compaction was detected in 2019. After an angiogram to look more closely in November 2019 my consultant decided that I should have a recoiling due to be scheduled for March/April 2020. He said at the time there would be less risk doing the procedure than not. He also said if it was urgent they would not have let me out of the room. Then obviously it has been delayed due to COVID, which I fully understand. It is classed as elective surgery so therefore I assume not ‘urgent’. Although a telephone consultation with a neurologist I have never met (standing in for my usual) said it should be done within months not years. I have been trying not to worry and have had a call with the nurse who though it may be rescheduled in Sept/Oct 2020 until this third wave, which I know has hit the hospitals really badly, especially my hospital. It’s so strange, originally I was terrified by the prospect of another recoiling and was thinking I didn’t know if I could go through with it but now I can’t have it I feel very differently! I manage fine most of the time but then get a wave of panic wondering how much at risk I actually am now, at what stage does it become urgent, and what I would do if it happened again. I assumed that would be it and I would be unlikely to survive a second bleed but have read other experiences where thankfully this was not the case. I would be so grateful to hear of anyone’s experiences, opinions or replies in any capacity. I understand every situation is different and how long is a piece of string etc... Thank you for reading and thanks in advance for any replies.