Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'subarachnoid hemorrage'.
Hi everyone! My name is Sharon, I am 46 and had subarachnoid hemorhage 4 months due to a ruptured aneurysm. They coiled two of them but I have one left that is only suitable to clipping, due to its irregular shape, I think. The neurosurgeon said it is half of 1% a year that it would rupture and 3 to 5% of something going wrong in operation. The other aneurysm that ruptured was only 3mm ( they not sure which one) and this remaining one is also only 3mm so he said he can't guarantee that in the coming years it won't rupture, and my life long expectancy. And no point in monitoring it because of this. So the decision is mine to make on whether I can live with it and take the chance or get it clipped , the neurosurgeon said he is willing to do the clipping soon if I come to the decision to go ahead with operation. Has anyone here had to make a similar decision? Or had clipping of an unruptured aneurysm? I am so afraid. Thanks for reading my post. Sharon x
Hi, I had a bleed early in August very little remembered before but remember the pain and most of what followed, I was very lucky compared to everyone else on my floor of Southampton General, They could not find the source of my bleed but said it is unlikely to happen again but I am sure like you the thought scares me, was not expecting this one. I only have short term memory loss and speech problems to show on the outside but inside is different. We love to travel europe in our motorhome with our dogs and family we were due to go at the end of August but found out the insurance would not cover me unless we paid out megga money for the last few weeks, the ferry company were lovely and refunded all but £20. I cannot find a travel insurance company that offers insurance at a reasonable price and some will just not insure me at all even Headway, the roads in the uk make me stressed we tried over the past few weeks but I cannot cope with them, the european roads I miss, does anyone know of an insurance company that will achieve my dreams again, I know the hospitals over there are excellent but we would probably not be covered by the E111 and repatriation is not available through that. Has anyone else had this sort of problem please. PS am due to go back for more tests middle of December cross fingers all ok for me and I wish the same for everyone else on here too.