Meeting Richards neurosurgeon tomorrow

zoe thats nice to hear sounds like he has a terrible sense of humor lol its nice to hear that he still loves you i just hope telford rings soon for you allocating him a bed which will make it a lot easier for you instead of the haul up the m6 wishing you both well hugs and cuddles

Hi Zoe,

really pleased to hear Richard is improving. Our sense of humour kept us going when we were in hospital.:wink: It is also nice for you to see some of the old Richard. You will find he has changed in some of the things he says as does. Julie told me I was a different person to the old John. But the important thing is he is progressing and once you get the nod for a bed at Telford you will both be on your way.

You will find that it is not as intense at Telford because he will be in the Rehab Ward which is not serious as the wards at Stoke.

What will be nice for Richard is if he is mobile he will be able to walk around and pop down to the Cafe. If not then you will be able to take him in a chair. The change of scenery makes a big difference to being on the Ward all day.:wink:

I really hope he makes the transfer soon to help you both progress with his recovery. Equally as important it will be less stress for you in travelling. When we are a patient we do not realise the stress on our partners. Life has to go on outside the hopsital. We are a little bit protected and do not realise that the world is still going on with all its responsibilities. This task falls on you the partner.

Take care.:wink:

Hi Zoe Merrill used to come out with some strange things just after her ops, and for a few days she would shout at other peoples visitors which was very starnge for her as she is usually quite quiet and reserved, i can remember the neuro nurse saying to me "I can see you are going to go home with a black eye each time you take her out" but it all settled down quite quickly and if anything she is now a very much quieter person than she was before the sah, good to hear he's doing well Best wishes Rod.

Hi Zoe,

just in case you are not aware, when Richard comes home you will be helped by the Shropshire Enablement Team. They came to see me and carried out and Occupational Health Review of the home to make sure I was okay. They put me in touch with a Pysiotherapist, and tomorrow I go and see a Neuropsychologist at the PRH.

Basically what I am saying to you is there will be lots of help to assist with looking after Richards needs. So don't panic.