Update on Richard Hickman

Hello Everyone - me again.

Not really much to say but don't want you all to think I have jumped ship.

Richard is still progresssing steadily. The new carers are working really well with him and have had him out and about a bit more. He has been to a green gym which is a gardening club and he enjoyed this. He is now having counselling but so far this seems to be making him more depressed but perhaps he has to get worse before he gets better???????

He is off to City General in Stoke on 15th August for his next MRI scan so hopefully things are okay and the latest coil is still in place and the two remaining aneurisms haven't grown.

The kids are both great and are the reason I keep going. I have to apply for a job in October so at leaset I don't have to worry about it over the summer holidays like some of my colleagues are having to do.

I do read peoples threads but as it wasnt me that suffered the SAH I tend not to reply as I don't always have anything useful to add.

Take care everyone

Speak soon

Zoe xx

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Zoe,

Good that you have taken the time out to let us know that you are still around and your update has some encouraging parts to it. Hopefully the counselling will eventually swing things round and be more of a benefit that it appears at the moment.

Great to know the kids are doing well and keeping you on an even keel. Having to apply for a job later in the year is just an added stress for you, but you are an amazingly strong person who, I'm sure, will cross that bridge when the time comes. I hope all goes well with the scan on 15th.

Keep in touch and take care,

Sarah

Not typed / Spoken to you Zoe but I do wish you and your hubby and all family the best

I was told I would not walk again...but I hobble/limp along....every day is better for me...keep smiling and think positively xx

Love

WinB143