Will you Fly?

Hi Keith, glad you're back from Dublin safe and sound. Good also to hear that you had no ill effects from flying. By this time of year we have always booked our holiday but am only almost 10weeks into recovery and haven't even had my angio yet. So one day I've totally made my mind up we're not flying this year an the next day I'm gazing longingly at bargain hols in the window of the travel agents! So everyones comments about their own personal experiences or thoughts will help in the end i'm sure!!!

Love Suexx

• 1 year later...
Guest ellen

Thanks so much for all who posted about flying. It has been a big help. My husband is from Hawaii and we really want to get back there but I have been hesitant. I would love fly to visit my grandchildren but altitude and barometric pressure put a lot of pressure on my brain and it scares me a little to make the trip. The neuro doesn't seem to have a problem with it but then he told me to go back to work 6 weeks after the SAH... :lol: Since your ears "pop" when you go up and down I imagine it would put some kind of pressure in there. Lots of love to all of you, you're a wonderful bunch!

Ellen

As I had my SAH whilst on holiday in Majorca I had little option but to fly home! I did consider boat/train route as I was so worried about flying. I went straight to the airport from the hospital but consultant insisted thet my blood pressure be lower than 120/60 before he signed my flight worthy certificate.It was only 15 days after my SAH, had wheelchairs around airport etc but everything went without a hitch despite my worries.

Whilst in hospital I voved I would never fly again but have just booked a short trip for later this month as I feel I need to do it again soon to get over the scary feelings and worries as travel is an important part of what makes me happy! We had huge travel plans for later in the year but we have abandoned that, I only feel ready to fly a short distance and I am not well enough yet to venture anywhere I am not totally familiar with, I haven't been more than 5 miles from home since I got back from Majorca in January as I am too weary. Hope a little holiday sorts me out, it will either kill or cure me I suppose!

Good luck with your travels

Ann

I flew last year to Greece 10 months after my SAH and ws fine- extra tired and a headache but ok. I always chew gum anyway on a flight as my ears always pop anyway so that was no different.

I have booked my holiday for this year to Greece and am not overly worried.

Next year Simon wants to use our tesco vouchers to go to America, now I'm not so sure- thats such a long flight :roll:

Laura

xx

Hi peeps,

I had my SAH on the 17th July 2007. On the 1st November 2007 my hubby and I went on holiday. On the January 2007 we had already booked our holiday for November 2007. We went on an around the world trip. We flew from Aberdeen to London, Heathrow, and then flew to Los Angeles, Santa Monica, we stayed there for one week. We then went to Honolulu, Wakiki for one week. We then flew to Sydney Australia for one week, and then to Singapore for one week. The holiday was to celebrate our 25th anniversary. I had so looked forward to it, and when we spoke to my consultants they both agreed it was very safe for me to go. Believe me it was the best tonic after all that had happened.

I never had, or felt anything wrong with me. As you have read we had a few flights too.

I guess it's up to the individual and how you are after your SAH. I know I have been very lucky.

Bless you all, lots of hugs,

H xxx

Guest ellen

Holly, around the world trip? You are amazing. I am going to show this post to my family. They are concerned about me flying (maybe they are trying to keep me away :mrgreen: ). I am constantly amazed at the courage and kindness I have encountered on this site. I am humbled by you all. We have a grandchild due May 15 near Chicago and another one due May 14th in Atlanta. Flying would make it easier to reach both soon after or before the births. Life goes on doesn't it? :?

Hi Ellen,

Nothing amazing about me, ha! :lol: We are all amazing, bless you.

You go for it girl, if you feel fine and well, and your consultants have said you could manage it then do......life is for living my darling, and a grandchild to see, how wonderful.

You take care, and much hugs,

H xx :D

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone

Would I fly? Well I've got family in Switzerland but as its expensive: £200 minimum return to Zurich so I usually went on my own for a weekend here and there. No, at the moment I wouldn't like to be on a plane on my own and as we've lost my salary now, we couldn't afford for Paul to go with me.

But think its marvellous whoever is intending to give it a go...

Lesley xxx