Driving

Hi Al,

That was a similar scenario to mine......hubbie has a company car anyway, but before the SAH, when I was working, we bought a new Renault Scenic....2 litre diesel...it went like the clappers and great for ferrying hoards of kids about...my first luxurious car and then the SAH hit. We ended up having to sell it, as I haven't returned to work....such is life! :cry:

• 1 month later...
Guest dirtypunk1970

I've just seen all the stuff about driving, which has been really helpful, as I started driving only about 3 weeks afterwards!

Not much was said about it when I was discharged from hospital. :roll:

Having said that, I wouldn't have driven if I hadn't felt safe. In my haste to get back to 'normal' I never thought about the consequences if I'd had an accident!!

I shall be informing insurance & DVLA poste haste!! That was close!!!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest bikergrrl

Not being able to drive has been my big fear since the minute I was diagnosed. I live by myself about 4miles from the nearest bus stop so its quite a big deal!

After being told Id prob be off road for 1-3mths by the consultant there seems to be conflicting advice from everyone. When I actually rang DVLA this morning for clarification they said I would be off road for 12mths! Even when I explained that Id had a coil and no fits or visual problems they were adamant, so basically they dont know their own guidelines!

I asked my GP to look into it today (after she asked me what coiling was cos she'd never heard of it!) and shes been told that as long as your clinically well, ie back to your previous level of wellbeing more or less and no history of fits or vision probs your ok to drive but do still need to notify DVLA anyway. Dont know if im more confused or less now but good enough for me so been out to play on the bike anyway!

Hey there

I was told by the DVLA that I would be off the road for 12 months too. I told them in September last year and received a letter in December saying that as far as they were concerned I met the criteria enabling me to drive again. They should send you a questionnaire and I think there is one you can print off from their website and send back to them. Play it by ear and don't write yourself off for 12 months.

Cheers

Sami xxx

• 4 weeks later...

I maybe being stupid but what form am I filling in. Is it the surrender you licence one.

i though I saw one that asked about the medical condition before. I've talked about this for long enough and am only now getting round to doing something.

Aine

• 2 weeks later...
Guest goldie

I'm in the United States, and all I remember my doctor saying was don't drive for a couple of weeks...I had a rupture and the coiling done in 2004..then another re-coiling done in 05', I just had a stent and more coils put in 2 weeks ago..I'm out and driving already...I was never told to report it to my insurance...I'm sure its different if someone had a craniotomy (spelled wrong)...after my initial rupture, I think within 3 to 4 weeks after I returned home I drove...

I think yall might have different circumstances there in London...and It probably depends on everyones different cases...take care Cindy