Benefits & DLA

Guest cdl

Hi Louise,

You explained it perfectly... :)

It was just that filling out the form made me feel depressed and a bit angry ..... I understand the reason why they make it so hard for people to apply, but the form doesn't fully take into account what you need help with..... such as shopping, ironing, cleaning which is ridiculous... the cooking aspect is also hilarious......they don't take into account that most people use an oven to incorporate their daily meal ... I'm getting mad just writing this.

Then you begin to wonder and start doubting your needs.... like yes, I can walk .... but not far, the same with the driving....but is that just me and am I over exaggerating? I'm not sure whether I want to have a complete stranger judging my problems and forming an opinion on me, just because I haven't got enough hand rails in the bathroom or because I now don't have to use the one in the loo.

I shall make a final decision after Christmas, as to whether I'll go ahead with the claim. I've got to go back to the Doc's anyway, so I shall have a chat with him about it ...... xx

Hi All, Well I got a reply today from DLA people and as expected it was a refusal. On the letter it says all the guff about appealing and if I wanted to I had to ring this number and ask for a form. So of course I rang the number and asked them why they didn't put an appeal form in with the refusal letter and was told it wasn't policy. Think maybe its another ruse to put people off appealing and told them so but the girl was very nice and rules are rules. :roll::roll: Just have to wait now and hopefully it will be sorted quickly, before Christmas cos i've no savings left :shock: lol

Will keep you all updated.

Mollie xxx

Hi Louise. Appeal form arrived this morning with a list of people I can choose to represent my case so will have to ring one of them and see if they are free to do so. God alone knows how long it will take but I won't be put off. Fingers crossed its soon :roll:

Mollie xxx

Hi Mollie

As with Louise I've come across loads of folk that have been refused first time. It is usually with conditions such as ours, M.E, M.S Mental Health Arthritis Fybromyalgia etc, Conditions that are extremely variable. May get a refusal one time and then get awarded Middle/Higher rate. Doesn't make sense.

Best of Luck,

Aine xox