Bill B , new member.

Bill B

Hi Bill

Welcome to the site.

I do also believe your story is inspirational and I cannot wait to read your full story when it has been moderated and posted (if it hasn't already, as I still have a bit to catch up on...).

I am very nearly 18 months on from my SAH and have been back at work full time for over a year now. I do find it a struggle at times, and it is especially demanding at present as we have new systems to learn as well as extra workload coming in to our department. I am thinking I may need a change of career as it is very tiring working on a pc all day...very taxing on the grey matter, so will be interested to read your journey to your current employment.

Hope to hear more from you.

take care

Kel x

Hi kel,

Thanks for your comments, though I don't feel very inspired. I just feel that I did what I had to do, for the sake of my family.

When you can no longer lift things or drive commercially or see properly it seemed to me that the only option was teaching. The problems that young teachers face (violence, obnoxious behavior, apathy,bullying, corporate bullying and countless other bad stuff) just rolls off my back like the irrelevant nonsense that it really is. What the SAH gave me was a focus and clarity that makes me immune to all that negativity. The only weakness that I have is a ridiculous habit of crying. I only need to see a limping pigeon to start welling up. Maybe my empathy gene has been over- sensitized. I can't believe I'm saying this stuff on line. What the heck , in for a penny.

Bill

Bill, I read your story tonight. Thank you for sharing it. You really should consider turning it into a book. You asked if anyone else felt euphoria, I can't say I did but I wasn't panicked during the event. There was a period of an hour or so in the Emergency Room when I was hyperventilating out of panic but afterward I was surprisingly calm, might have been the codeine and morphine that kept me feeling so calm in hospital! Jill Bolte Taylor writes about euphoria in her book 'My Stroke of Insight'. She had an AVM.

I was really touched when I read about your sister Anne. Isn't it amazing that you saw her? What a comfort it must have been to have her nearby.

Sandi K. Xo

Edited by Sandi K

• 1 month later...

Hi Sandi.

I've just watched the video of Jill's experience.

So much of what she described was reflected in my experience. She articulates much more than I ever could, but the essence of the feelings is the same.

It is gratifying to know that someone else has had the same feeling of euphoria and enlightenment.

She is a scientist, with a deep understanding of the mechanics of the brain, whereas I am an ignorant, struggling artist, with no concept of neurology.

I just know that she "saw" the same magnificent world, all full of possibility, that I saw.

Thank you for directing me to this woman, I feel slightly less- nuts now than I did before.

All the best.

Bill B.x

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome Bill,

After my SAH in 2009 and my shunt in 2010....I remember only passing out in 2009 then living with my parents and my brother

who sang to me...both my parents and Brother have been dead for over 10 years approx...but we had a good sing song like in the olden days....apart from my Mum not talking to me she kept pointing to my daughter and hubby....Then after the shunt I was told what had

happened to me and slowly I am recovering..Slow and 1 day at a time....

The hospital wanted me in a home .. .But thanks to my daughter,hubby and family They never gave up on me

You are doing well Bill..so keep smiling and singing.....and do not let anything get to you...We are Alive ..yeahhhhh smile

Love

WinB143 xxx

Edited by Winb143

Hi Win & Sandi.

I'm still here, just a bit down at the moment.

Don't feel I have anything positive to say.

Win.. your experience of seeing your family is just like mine. Not scary, but comforting, wasn't it?

Now I'm in the summer break from college, I seem to have too much time on my hands, too much time alone.

I need the framework of my job to stop me turning in on myself.

My family are all busy with their own lives so I spend most days loafing around the house on my own.

I like being on my own but feel like I should be doing jobs and fixing things, but I can't see properly so I just end up reading, with one eye shut, or playing my guitar.

I recognize the state I'm in now, it's part of a cycle. It won't last for too long so it's just a case of riding it out and waiting for the wind to change.

Thanks for thinking of me.

It does help.

Bill B. X

Hi Bill,

Yes it did help to see my family...not so scared of dying now..well still scared but not as much...(understand?)

Sorry you are feeling down...how about singing a song....I have a banjo..cannot play it yet...we could start up a group lol

Keep smiling and singing and all will be well...trust me I am a banjo player (Well not yet but Dad played banjo in pub!! )

It is in the blood !! listen ..yoodle yaaaay ooddle leeeeyy deeeee (my yodelling) Well what do you think??? don't answer that !

Take care Bill ..I'll be back with a better song so Cheer Up..thats an order and work can wait apart from ironing yuk !!

Love

Winb143 xx

Edited by Winb143

I thought I heard a cat screeching. Sounded a bit like yodeling. Haha! I would put the laughing face here but they've disappeared from my iPad!

Bill, I hope your mood picks up soon. Being down in the dumps is exhausting.

Sandi K. Hugs.

Sandi Hi a song for you !!! hold ears after 3 goooooo

Oh Sandi baby... la la la..I sit and wonder why oh why oh why you left me Oh Sandi (John Travalto song)

Gosh that hurt my vocal chords...and your ears I bet Sandi...

Take care Win xxxxxx