New Member Alison saying hello

alison

Just dont you go and overwork Alison.....Try and smile...and be happy you both deserve it.......

Love to You and Chris and all the best for the future xxxx Win walks away singing..skirt tucked in panties....oops scuse me All lol

xxxxxxxxxxxx big bum showing !!!!

Hahaha Win, you are a diamond lady :biggrin: you make me really smile big time..hugs

Thanks everyone, I listen to you all and I relax so much after reading your comments. You all speak with such love and knowledge.

Chris phoned me today which was lovely, i could not get in today.(always feels guilty when she cant get there) he wanted a glass of wine, a cig, his razor and a bath..chuckles...he was pretty miserable when i said i could not get there today..in his mind i am only downstairs in the living room. But i will see him tomorrow and take him up his fav banana milkshake chuckles...i been taking him a bottle a day and he loves it! so even tho he may be aggitated today, I know when i see him tomoz he will have something nice to guzzle :) hugs and love and kisses to you all.

Well its been a few days since my last post and I have seen lots of improvements in Chris. He is fully mobile now and can walk fairly well for short periods of time. I got a wheelchair for him and have been taking him outside for fresh air ( even tho he keeps stopping ppl and asking if there have come to take him home! lol ). He has calmed down alot with his behaviour which I am so thankful for, he still very confused about things but it all seems a lil better and not so intense. The other day I was looking for some things at home, I had lost my iron! lol and the BT telephone we used to have as I have got a new service starting monday. I looked everywhere. I thought hmmmm, maybe Chris knows, maybe he can tell me. surely enough he remembered where they both were hahaha! I was soooo pleased. He also has been asking me more questions now, about his event and what happened. So that makes me think his understanding is slowly coming back. So for now things are going ok and I am learning to still stay focused and calm :)

thank you all again for your continued support.

Have a beautiful Friday love Alison xx

Glad Chris is doing well Alison.....us Bleeders are a handful....So I am told by hubby enough times !..lol Cheeky so and so.

Keep bright and make time for you Alison.....We are demanding bleeders !!! .. ..I now make my own coffee and prepare

dinners for family. ...but back aches when I stand too long

but as I was and how I am now .....I am almost there...when people say you wont do this again you have to prove them

wrong..well it kept me going xx

Do not give up Alison....you are a fighter also like Chris..so head up and go get em..lol

I told my OT's they were a load of old witches lol....but I was out of it..that's my excuse !!!!

Smile Alison and don't be down now go and sing with Chris and smile

Love to you both

WinB143 xxxx

Edited by Winb143

Hi Alison,

Such great news to hear Chris is getting his mobility back and nice to hear he has calmed down a bit, which I guess is a huge relief to you. He appears to be making tremendous progress overall and hopefully this will continue in the weeks ahead. I had a look at your photos so it's nice to put faces to Chris and your family.

Well done for staying focused and calm - hope you manage to grab a bit of "me" time over the weekend - think you deserve it!

Sarah

Chris is doing really really well :) I am actually amazed at how far he has come, considering I have had days when i was just freakin out with all emotions blazing.

I am sitting here and its late. just trawling through a few youtube vids :D and i thought of all the people here who have been there when i needed to ask a question or just wanted some comfort when it was all bleak. Every thing people said have been so positive and so true. My worst fear of late was Chris's behaviour, i was so worried he would be this violent cussing aggressive inappropriate guy for the rest of his life and i came here and i grizzled, and now...well its so much better. None of that now, hell yeah he still suffers with confusion and he can talk about stuff thats not quite making sense, for England lol. But I see Chris now, I see him so much more than i ever had since his SAH. He is now asking me questions about his event, he has apologised that he has been difficult and frustrating, and some times a right royal pain...and was like awwwwww bless him for that. I told him its all ok and i know he could not help it, but for him to acknowledge that he has been different i felt was a major step forward for him :) before there was no reasoning. Today we sat outside on the grass together, hugging and laughing..it was the coolest day since it all happened.

so thanks to everyone who told me to hang in there, i always trusted you all cos you all been through so much yourselves.

gosh i am wafflin :D I think he will be home very very soon, few more days in hosp, then a bit of rehab i believe is his next steps :D

love and hugs and thanks everyone.

everyone i have met to do with SAH, patients, family members of sufferers, friends, i tell them all about this place xxxxxxx

love Alison xx

Hi Alison - gosh you've been through a lot! I'm glad Chris is making progress, it must have been heartbreaking... but keep looking forward, not back :) Like you say, the brain is a-ma-zing and as it heals I'm sure he'll continue to improve. Do get in touch with Headway and see how they can help you while Chris is still in hospital. All I can say is, no one can really predict anything at all with brain injuries, as each one is different. If my mum can recover from a serious stroke at 74 when she couldn't speak, move, anything, and live independently at 80 with just a home help and cleaner, well there's hope for everyone!!

Take care and keep smiling like you are :-P

• 2 weeks later...

Hello lovlies

hope everyone all good and enjoying the lovely weather we are having :)

Well........Chris is home!!! he discharged himself Wednesday. a friend called into the hospital on Wednesday to see Chris, felt sorry that he was miserable and agitated and got him out!! i was not too happy about this as Chris needed to be there longer. Anyway, i have contacted all the relevant ppl and they have been phoning me, as much as they are concerned after doctors came round on wed eve to assess Chris to see if he had the mental capacity to know what happened, they were fine with his answers to their questions. it has been a crazy time, I just hope i can cope, Chris thinks he is fine and is kinda unaware that his decision making skills are a bit non existent right now, also he has trouble with his right eye and his vision is pretty zero in that eye at the moment. so......i have been caring for him here at home the best I can, I have made safe the house and locked up the shed were his beloved bike is!! I already had one stand-off with him about him wanting to go out on it today!! now, i know this is gonna be ****** hard work, but i love Chris and will always be there for him. His impulsiveness and impatience is really the toughest part to cope with. he knows he has to be careful but in reality he does not always think in that frame of mind so i had to be the firmest ever today and it was very tough cos he just thinks I am trying to control all aspects of his life. I am sure we will get there. I have been given a list of numbers for help if ever I need anyone suddenly so i do feel supported. When Chris is relaxed he is lovely and great to be around so I am learning to avoid the situations that lead to him being impulsive or cross....smiles...well heres to getting there x big hugs to everyone who has always supported me ty ty xxxxxxx Alison xx

Hi Alison, nice to hear from you again. I'm sure this friend had his reasons for helping Chris get discharged, but on the otherhand it's not him that has the job of living with Chris who has just been so seriously ill and is still recovering. Again, you've done your best in getting the house safe for his return and having those contact numbers will be a great back up if you need them.

I hope everything works out well Alison and you don't become too tired yourself - don't forget we're all here if we can be of any help at all.

Sarah

Hi Akison,

It's good to hear that Chris is home, I'm sure he will be delighted. I'm sure you would've been happier if had been because the hospital felt that he was ready to be. You're a very strong & positive lady and I have no doubt you will do your best to make it work well. Use those numbers though if you need too & accept all the support you are offered so you don't become overwhelmed with it all.

Lots of luck to you, Chris & your boys :-D

Michelle xx

Hi Alison

Wow, that is great that Chris is home, but the friend was a little naughty for helping to initiate without your knowledge!... :roll:

That is good that you have a support network a call away and do use it when you need to, to avoid complete burnout for yourself. I imagine it will be very draining trying to ensure Chris is safe and well 24/7.

Take care

Kel x

• 2 months later...

hey lovelies :) just wanted to say hi as i not been here much lately. hope everyone is doing well :)

Well its coming up 5 months since Chris had is SAH., still early days in the whole scheme of things. He has been home a while now and is slowly improving in many ways.

I dont think he will ever be totally the same, i feel i can just tell but who knows. His speech and capacity to grasp the full facts of his condition are much improved. His impatience is still crazy and his concept of time appears to be non existent sometimes. He still may put his clothes on inside out and his shoes on the wrong feet but now we laugh about it, and i look him if he has done this, smiles and say, 'you better look in the mirror love' and he says 'oh ****** hell' looking at his back to front things ..chuckles. But on the other hand he never complains about himself and he does try very hard to get on with stuff. He gets tired very quickly and he has attempted tasks like strimming and mowing the lawn. i used to moan and worry about him doing these things but now, just let him have a go at stuff and just supervise, unless its really dangerous or irrational. We are going back to St. Georges in August, as Chris still has a bone flap at the moment. He will find out then what is gonna happen about that.

So its onwards and upwards and keep smiling :)

Hi Alison, SO glad things are going well. I hope everyday is better for both of you. I remember early on I would stand forever looking at all my whote socks trying to pick a pair out. I have the opposite of inpatience!I finally had to tell my to "Just grab a pair!!!". It took me a full 7 1/2 months even though I was working to really grasp what happened. I think we tend to go through motions but we can't keep what we just learned or read about our health in our heads very long.

You both are in my thoughts.

MaryB

Lovely to hear from you again Alison. So pleased to hear things continue improve for Chris - mowing the lawn and hedge trimming are an amazing achievement after 5 months. You will probably find further improvements as the weeks and months roll on - hopefully even getting his clothes on the right way round! You have both done remarkably well in a relatively short time, so well done and all the best for the future,

Take care,

Sarah

Hi, I am Alison from Crawley in Sussex. My partner suffered a SAH on Saturday 4th Feb 2012. I am still a lil in shock as it only happened few days ago but so thankful that I found this site for support and help.

its a great group and i wish you well :-P i had my 2nd mri last week was weird as i bought the dvd with 1000's of images got to see my brain not much of 1 now but its still there just lol.... i saw my vp shunt and catheter and my tube was strange looking but now i can understand the hard work the Drs did to ave my life..... at least Chris has'nt been found asllep in the local park at 04:00 yet , that was weird thing to do but hey its my new life n i love it more now wooooo..... i have found my procedure on utube wow what an operation explained so much to me now its a lot clearer to me what happened i wish you both all the best keep going and be strong for each other

Edited by mikeymack2002
added

• 1 year later...

Well its been 2 years since Chris had his SAH...cant believe where the time has gone!

I have not written here for a while and wanted to pop in as I dont know what i would have done with out the support from the great folks here !

Well, Chris is doing good in some things, bad on others...all the things i worried about, especially his lowered inhibition is much better now :) He still has to be reminded now and then of his behavior if he says things a lil too OTT but other than that, its all cope able.

Last January he had a metal plate fitted to cover the large gap in his skull, his head is now all back to its normal shape. Was just an overnight time in St Georges and he has had no complications at all :)

His blindness in his left eye has improved and he has learnt to compensate with the other.

The only down side to things with Chris is that he is now an alcoholic. I feel even strange writing that , as it seems so surreal. So...this obviously has impacted a lot on his recovery. Trying to cope with a drunk brain injured person is not fun at all, very stressful but i do my best each day to get us through it. When he has not had a drink, we talk about his brain and what the drink is doing etc..he knows its a no win situation, but sadly, he has no motivation to stop, he has lost the skills he had to make those decisions sadly so i try to manage it with him as best i can.

Apart from the drink issue, Chris is actually doing well :) he is pretty much the person he was, but there is this core that is missing or is blurred. I see flickers of the old chris now and then.

What the future holds?..well i really do now know...we just have to make the most of each day I guess.