new member lizzy

lizzy

Hi Lizzy, sorry I'm a bit late in saying hello. I remember the frustration of not being able to run around at top speed, juggling all those balls etc. that come with being a mother, but gradually things will improve for you. The day time sleeping is a necessity as far as I'm concerned - I still do this regularly over 3 years on. This doesn't mean you will be the same, but for me it is the only way to manage my 2 part time jobs, 2 teenagers and an 11 year old.

I wish you well in your continued recovery,

Sarah

I went for a jog on the 29 th Dec passed out,I had a brain aneurysm and it had burst causing brain hemorrhage. The surgeon told me if i didn't have a operation, I could be dead in two weeks and I could die on the operating table or be disabled .Ive never been so scared in my life ...I tell ya ;) But on the bright side. Finally, it's been officially proven I have brains ha ha xxx

BTG..... is like a breath of fresh air,feels like I've been holding my breath forever,when I was in hospital I was so scared I thought I'd never get out and when I got out of hospital I was afraid I would go back.But now I've found BTG... I know the way I feel is normal :) I can finally breathe again :) thank you everyone xx

• 3 weeks later...

hi everyone,not feeling too great I've had a constant headache for 5 days, it feels like someone is pinching me in the side of my head, back pain,It makes me so tired and feel a hundred years old.started worring about the future again, Lost my positive attitude! and I don't like it :frown: I want it back NOW! xx

Lizzy are you pushing yourself too hard? Usually the headaches are a sign of that & hard as it is you need to slow down a bit & drink lots of water. You get lots of bad days in a row early on but slowly you will have good days inbeween & then you will realise you have more good days than bad.

Its not easy to remain positive all the time, even the best of us get fed up with feeling rubbish (i certainly get fed up of saying i am tired all the time!!). If you are feeling really low perhaps its time just to talk things over with your GP & see what kind of help they can offer. Have you contacted Headway too, I found them out 6invaluable from about 6 post op & it was great to meeet people who understood how you felt without saying anything.

Sending you big hugs cos it sounds like you need them. You can always PM if you need a shoulder x

Hi Lizzy, it's hard not to get frustrated and feel down about things. Recovery can seem to take so long. You must compare where you are today to how you felt when you came home from hospital to see your progress. Don't compare to before the event.

At about the 3 / 4 month mark many of get really emotional, lots of tears. I think this is part of the process of recovery. My GP offered me medication to lift my spirits, so did the neurologist. Lots of people find that helps them through this period. I decided to try and go without it and cried over everything for days. It doesn't last forever but I'm over a year into recovery now and if I get very fatigued the tears come back.

I've found BTG to be the best source of support but regular visits to my GP and psychologist have helped me immensely as well.

I hope you feel better Lizzy, hugs.

Sandi K. Xoxooxox

I think your right I've been overdoing it lately,been out with my friends and family a lot .Think i've tried keeping up with everyone else but I just can't do it anymore :roll:

think a trip to the doctors is in order (god I hate that place :lol: )Thanks for all the hugs Ladies and Support :biggrin:

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Lizzy, is it a consultation or an MRI, CT, Angio?

If its a consultation writing a list of questions is helpful because its so hard to remember them while you are on the spot in the appointment. Also, writing all your symptoms down helps too because again, it's difficult to remember them in that moment.

Sandi K. Xoxoox

I had a check up at 3 months but then I was clipped not coiled like you. I guess they may want to do a repeat angio but they would tell you that it a letter as you would need to allow a couple of hours for that. I just asked questions about how I was feeling & hubby did too, they checked me over (a visual exam only) & did take me off for some bloods to be done as I was having problems being too hot or too cold so they wanted to check my hormone levels.

I think it;s just to see if you are coping ok & not having any problems since the coiling. I saw the registrar not Mr Sparrow who did my op but she was very helpful.

Hey there

I was coiled and my first follow up appointment was an MRI/MRA scan but not an angio (ie no dye injected). If it doesn't state exactly what is going to happen in the letter, it might be worth giving them a call to see.

Above all, don't worry too much and try to relax.

We're all nervous first appt dont worry.

Yes if it dosnt say your having an MRI/MRA or Angio its maybe just a routine chat with the consultant so Yes give them a call just to find out no point in stressing about it...

take care

Lizzy,

My only worry was my fat bum, as it hardly fitted on the the thing they slide you in with..other than that it was easy......lol

They gave me a button to press in case I got scared but I just closed my eyes..

So nothing to be scared of ...honestly....I worried more about the results..waiting is horrid ....

Keep Well.....

WinB143 x I had MRI

Hi Lizzy,

I don't think I've said hello before :oops:! So, glad to meet you and that you've found BTG.

I agree with what the other ladies have said, regarding your 6 month visit and ringing your consultant about what to expect. It appears to be different with all the different places we're in - When I had a 6 month check, it was a cerebral angiogram to check the coils. I was a bit anxious about it all, but everything went well. As Louise said, it's normal to feel that way - think we all get a little anxious in the early days, and even in later times.

How've you been doing?

Carolyn

Thanks lovely people, Sandi good idea

:idea1: will write a list of questions and symptom's :-D Mr Sparrow did my op to (lovely man) I think I will give the hospital a call in the morning, to put my mind at rest.

lol:lol: winb143

hi Carolyn nice to meet you im doing well still get headaches and tried often. Always got a bottle of water in my hand! helps keeps my headaches at bay; my wounderful family keep me busy so i don't have time to think:roll:

Edited by Skippy

• 1 month later...

hello everyone :) got rushed into hosptial this weekend had some kind of fit really scared me .was just wondering has any one else had same the thing happen to them. doctor's did'nt really know why it happend :( xxx

Hi Lizzy, there is something about the possibility of epileptic seizures for awhile shortly after SAH. I don't know too much about it but it was written in my discharge report that there was a risk of this occurring. I've been taking an anti-migraine medication which is also an anti-seizure medication so I haven't experienced any fits. It must have been scary for you and I'm sure you lots of questions. I hope you are feeling ok now.

Sandi K.

Hi Lizzy,

I had fits during and just after my SAH and I was put on anti-epilepsy meds. It's not uncommon to experience seizures after any brain trauma, but with the right medication this can be controlled. I was on meds for seizures for about 10 months and then I was allowed to withdraw and I haven't had any fits since....touch wood! It's a very scary time and I can understand that you will be worried, but I'm presuming that you will be having tests etc?

Take care xx

More scary for onloookers than us....Not that we can help it...had my 1st fit when 14 nearly 15 ...puberty lol....then when I had daughter

ouch the pain..lol......Then when I had SAH .....think mine runs in family ......best to blame family..lol

All will be well Lizzy......keep chin up xx.

Love

WinB143 xx xx