Fatigue a few years later.....

Hi David, please do.

I worry about posting threads like this though as the last thing I want to do is scare people who have recently had SAH. The first year sees so much improvement in every aspect and the NS did say that 'for some people' the fatigue does not get better. I don't want to put anyone off trying to reach their full post brain injury potential by asking for information from others who are a few years down the line. But, I do occasionally STILL have questions that I hope other members can answer or confirm that I am not mad because I, personally, didn't get as much better as I thought I would.

Michelle xx

Hi Momo,

My SAH was July 2008 & I joined BTG nearly 2 years later in April 2010, looking at your join date you must've been nearly 2 years after before you joined too? Scotland must be lacking badly on after care! I know you (and many others) are still working though. I did go back to my job for 2 years before I was medically retired. I am struggling a lot with knowing that my previous admin work wasn't possible for me and am now I'm looking at trying something more practical but the physical fatigue is stopping that too.

Apologies for making personal replies to comments on this thread, the replies are aimed at anyone reading the thread, it just helps me to concentrate dealing with comments one at a time and I know this is a moderators nightmare - sorry.

Michelle x

hi all, I just had an appt. with my primary care dr. cause i felt like i was living in a fog,no motivation even though i knew what i had to do ,i just did not,any way there wer a lot of issues,no joy in what i once loved to do,a little bit of guilt for surviving this event ,so i felt i should be doning more,well she said i had "post trumatic brain injury syndrome",so she put me on some more meds to help the nuerons connect,like connecting the dots, well what a difference!!i feel almost normal!she said it will take 2-3 weeks for it to work correctly!so i am one happy camper!jan grewe

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone, I visited my GP yesterday and went over the results from all the tests I've had done. Only one thing lacking, vitamin D. Everything else is great, cholesterol, etc, other vitamin levels, hormones, liver, kidneys, all good. I don't think Vit D deficiency causes fatigue but GP says its possible.

We talked and I explained that a few minutes into brain games my weirdo symptoms come back. We agreed I need to rest longer so I go back in a month and in the meantme carry on with what I'm doing.

My GP doesn't doubt that I have fatigue but because she's never had a NASAH patient before she doesn't know what to expect. I think she's surprised that I seem so 'with it' but start to get the headache and sore legs and blurry vision as soon as we start discussing something that requires my concentration.

It's been said here before, some of us have fatigue from our SAH. I'm kind of sad we didn't find some other reason that could have perhaps been easily fixed but now that I've been tested I know I'm otherwise healthy but still recovering from the brain bleed.

Sandi K.

Hi Sandi,

I am waiting to hear from my NS who has contacted a medical rehabilitation Dr about my on-going fatigue. I am hoping there may be some way of reducing it, although I am not keen to take any more medication. I will let you know if she comes up with any advice or answers.

Michelle xx